THE 2019/2020 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNDAY 19TH JANUARY 2PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
EVERTON WOMEN 3 READING WOMAN 1

7th placed Everton after 3 successive defeats v the likes of Arsenal home, Man City and Man Utd both away no surprise, were today up against 4th placed Reading Women at home looking to get back on the winning track, this match 3 of the last 4 games [1 in the cup] has ended 3-2 with 2 of them been to Everton, on what was a foggy and frosty start to the day the pitch needed to pass a 10am pitch inspection which Thankfully it did, New Keeper signing Sandy MacIver who was the 2018 u20s world cup Golden Glove winner came in to make her Debut, one of 5 changes to the team that played City, while we had the rare sighting of 2 sub keepers on the bench

In the 6th Minute MacIver proved just how good of a keeper she is when from a very powerful shot from Brooke Chaplen,she dived to her right to make a exceptional save, and it proved crucial as on 10mins Everton took the lead via Chloe Kellys 6th of the season after good work in the centre by 2 Everton players rushing at the Reading players with Graham playing Kelly in for a one on one that she rarely misses, it was very nearly 2 when Kelly after been played in down the right pulled a cross back along the 6 yard box and Magill 1st time hit it,it cannoned back of the post hit the keeper and was just about stoped on the line by Reading keeper Laws with Graham sliding in trying to get it over the line [Chance below], from a free kick of 27mins Everton had the ball in the net when a header was headed back across the line and Morgan tapped in but was give offside, Kelly then had a wayward shot miles over on 28mins, but on 29mins the score was Level when Megan Finnigan brought down Angharad James, the pen was scored to MacIver's Right by Fara Williams, the keeper was close to saving the powerful pen, on 37mins Evertons Lucy Graham then shot over and wide after a quick break from a Reading corner and good work in the area by Chloe Kelly and Boye-Hlorkah, Half Time arrived with the score at 1-1

The 2nd half began a bit quiet with Kelly having a free kick from the angle on 55mins way over, but on 57mins Everton regained the lead when Chloe Kelly who else got her 7th of the season right from an in swinging corner, but on 65mins Chloe Kelly completed her 1st ever League hattrick and her 2nd Everton one after a cup hattrick v Oxford just over 2 years ago when from a Lucy Graham cross from the left, Kelly beat her team mate Magill and the keeper to the ball to finish, Magill shot wide on 87 before Reading then had a late shot way wide as well on 88mins , The game ended 3-1 to Everton which was the 5th straight game with a 3-1 score either way and it was Everton's 1st win since november 24th due to xmas break,games called off and tough games,it also put Everton back up to 5th only behind man utd in 4th on GD

Everton now have a 2 week break from league action but return away to Brighton, but next week Everton are home to London Bees in FA Womens Cup Action sunday 1pm ko

EVERTON TEAM

MacIver ,Turner, George, Magill, Boye-Hlorkah, Stringer, Morgan, Finnigan, Clemaron, Graham, Kelly
Subs Kopela, Levell, Van es, Hinds, Kaagman, Cain, Pike

Subs

Pike for Stringer on 77mins
Cain on for Boye-Hlorkah 87mins

EVERTON 1ST/2ND/3RD SCORER CHLOE KELLY

Chance off the Line

READING WOMENS SCORER FARA WILLIAMS

It is kind of depressing looking at these pictures showing empty terraces as a background. I don't go so perhaps I should not comment. Apart from the WSL rich top 2 or maybe 3 with all the money to throw at it, there is little else in the WSL. Everton and the others are on a treadmill of no hopers.

Liverpool got there 1st win since may despite only scoring 4 goals this season,Bristol city also missed a pen 2nd half to level the game up,but it was a weak pen right at the keeper, Chelsea destroyed Arsenal early on with 3 of the goals comming in the 1st 20mins with the 3rd been a beauty half volley from about 25 yards out top corner

It is kind of depressing looking at these pictures showing empty terraces as a background. I don't go so perhaps I should not comment. Apart from the WSL rich top 2 or maybe 3 with all the money to throw at it, there is little else in the WSL. Everton and the others are on a treadmill of no hopers.
My youngest daughter was nagging me all week to go to this match, so given it's free for season ticket holders even a stinge like me couldn't say no. I don't think there could have been more than 200 there today, which is a shame because it was an enjoyable match and the levels of commitment on show were high. The pitch wasn't in brilliant condition so it made life difficult for both teams I thought. It was absolutely freezing though up there in Southport.
Anyway, my youngest wants to go there again so we might go the cup match next week. As for the derby match at Goodison on the 9th, it's nearer the house and much better facilities so I reckon we will go to that too.
If you are a STH, give it a try.

My youngest daughter was nagging me all week to go to this match, so given it's free for season ticket holders even a stinge like me couldn't say no. I don't think there could have been more than 200 there today, which is a shame because it was an enjoyable match and the levels of commitment on show were high. The pitch wasn't in brilliant condition so it made life difficult for both teams I thought. It was absolutely freezing though up there in Southport.
Anyway, my youngest wants to go there again so we might go the cup match next week. As for the derby match at Goodison on the 9th, it's nearer the house and much better facilities so I reckon we will go to that too.
If you are a STH, give it a try.
How far is Southport? The big games they've (the league) have pushed recently have been very well attended, but other games still have very low crowds (as you note). Think they would get more regulary if they could play at GP, or somewhere closer/more associated with the club.

How far is Southport? The big games they've (the league) have pushed recently have been very well attended, but other games still have very low crowds (as you note). Think they would get more regulary if they could play at GP, or somewhere closer/more associated with the club.

would say about 20miles is Liverpool to southport, Soon be at Watlon Park,not sure if that has undersoil heating etc or is that been put in,but here are the crowds for Everton womens games this season at home

441 v Bristol City, [sunday]
378 v man city [sunday]
331 v Brighton, [sunday]
150 v spurs, [sunday]
451 v Arsenal, [sunday]
nothing said v Reading last sunday]

361 v man utd cup game, [sunday]
327 v man city cup game 327 [Crosby] [Thursday]

Dead horse and flogging springs to mind. I do not know what the answer is, neither does anyone else. You can't force people to attend sporting events. In China they award citizens points on their internal passport if they do state approved things. That would add a few to the numbers. We have a billionaire owner so maybe he should copy City and Chelsea and throw mega money at it?

would say about 20miles is Liverpool to southport, Soon be at Watlon Park,not sure if that has undersoil heating etc or is that been put in,but here are the crowds for Everton womens games this season at home

441 v Bristol City, [sunday]
378 v man city [sunday]
331 v Brighton, [sunday]
150 v spurs, [sunday]
451 v Arsenal, [sunday]
nothing said v Reading last sunday]

361 v man utd cup game, [sunday]
327 v man city cup game 327 [Crosby] [Thursday]
Think I've spotted the problem!! 20 miles is a long way to go just for home games! If they want to encourage more people to go then the move closer to home can't come soon enough. I'm sure you'd get a lot more people turning up when it's close to where you live and cheap(/free) to get in.

Think I've spotted the problem!! 20 miles is a long way to go just for home games! If they want to encourage more people to go then the move closer to home can't come soon enough. I'm sure you'd get a lot more people turning up when it's close to where you live and cheap(/free) to get in.
Take me less than 5mins in the car to Walton Park lol

Provided Everton women make it through this weekendss 4th round cup game, The fifth round draw will take place live on Sportsday on the BBC News Channel, from 6.40pm this Monday

Ball Numbers:

1 West ham v Arsenal
2 Manchester United v Manchester City
3 Lewes v Billericay town
4 Charlton Athletic or Chelsea
5 Everton or London Bees
6 Burnley or Leicester City
7 Sheffield United or Birmingham City
8 London City Lionesses or Reading
9 Bristol City or Durham
10 Tottenham Hotspur or Barnsley
11 Huddersfield town or Ipswich Town
12 Southampton FC Women or Coventry United
13 Southampton Women’s FC or Crystal Palace
14 Sunderland or Watford
15 Liverpool or Blackburn Rovers
16 Aston Villa or Brighton & Hove Albion

I spouted off earlier about how only the top financially backed teams will be successful in the WSL. Out of curiosity I just watched the Manchester derby game. The standard shown by Utd and City was frankly terrible, so I wonder what they imagine they have spent their money on?

SUNDAY 26TH JANUARY 1PM KO
4TH ROUND WOMENS FA CUP
EVERTON WOMEN 1 LONDON BEES 0

Everton Women began there campaign in the Womens FA Cup today against a team that Everton have had big wins verse when they have played them the last 4 games winning 4-0, 4-3, 5-1 and 7-1, three of those games were away and that 4-3 win Everton were 3-1 down with 15 to go, at the minute London Bees are 5th in the championship a bit of the way behind 3rd/4th, Taylor Hinds and Inessa Kaagman came in for Dan Turner and Maeva Clemaron, who were both on the bench in the only 2 changes with still no sign of star signing Izzy Christiansen who is still recovering from a knock that she picked up or Hayley Raso

Everton had the 1st chance of the game on 6mins when Taylor Hinds played in Magill, who found some space in the box but her shot was well blocked by Georgia Roberts, on 13mins Everton again went close when from a fantastic ball from Gabby George that found Boye-Hlorkah in the box she had acres of space but London Bees keeper Sarah Quantrill was quick off her line to get in the way of the shot point blank range. then in the space of 30seconds Everton somehow failed to take the lead on 21mins when Boye-Hlorkah saw a powerful shot blocked on the line, 2 other shots were the blocked again on the line before a goalmouth scramble ensues and Boye-Hlorkah saw another effort go agonisingly wide, surely it was a matter of time till Everton scored, on 29 Everton then hit the post from Boye-Hlorkah's cross from the right which deceived everyone in the box, It came back into the path of Magill but she was under too much pressure to get any meaningful contact on the ball. on 33mins Sarah Quantrill made another great save diving to her left from Chloe Kelly who spinning on the edge of the area, unleashes a trademark effort, Finally the goal that Everton deserved the whole half arrived right on HT when Inessa Kaagman took aim from 30 yards and it flew in off the post for Everton women to go in 1-0 up in a game they were dominant and unlucky not to be at least 3/4 up at HT

The 2nd half began like the 1st and Everton had the ball in the net when Chloe Kelly scored via a header but the linesman had his flag up for offside prompting sarcastic "VAR" chants from one man in the crowd, Courtnay Ward-Chambers had shot go wide for London Bees in a very rare chance on 55mins, Boye-Hlorkah then had a tame shot easy for the London Bees keeper on 61mins,and not for the 1st time on 67 Everton were close when Chloe Kelly went round the Bees keeper and squared the ball back for Molly Pike, whose effort is tipped around the post by Quantrill. on 73mins a Kaagman shot was well over before a kelly shot from 20 yards went wide on 75mins, then on 76mins a Lucy Graham shot took a massive deflection but lucky for London Bee's it dropped right into the keepers hands, Dan Turner on 81 was the next to have a shot saved by the Bee's Keeper, Everton's 18th shot of the game then had the woodwork rattled again when Kelly saw her shot deflected onto the post from 25 Yards on 86mins while right from that Whinnett shot into the keepers hands the other end,but the game ended 1-0 Everotn who were so on top and the 1-0 win did not tell the story in a game everton should have won by 5 or 6 but been in the draw tomorrow is what counts with the 5th round been played on sunday 16th feb

EVERTON TEAM

MacIver, Morgan, Finnigan, George, Hinds, Stringer, Graham, Kaagman, Boye-Hlorkah, Magill, Kelly,
Subs Korpela, Turner, Van Es, Pike, Clemaron,

Subs

Pike on for Magill on 55mins
Turner on for Hinds on 71mins
Van Es on for Kaagman on 88mins

EVERTON WOMENS SCORER INESSA KAAGMAN

Last edited:
Dead horse and flogging springs to mind. I do not know what the answer is, neither does anyone else. You can't force people to attend sporting events. In China they award citizens points on their internal passport if they do state approved things. That would add a few to the numbers. We have a billionaire owner so maybe he should copy City and Chelsea and throw mega money at it?

the answer is playin Liverpool, not all the way at Southport or Widnes.

when Walton Hall Park is ready they will get bigger attendances.
I used to work for Blackburn Rovers and dear with the ladies side loads. The difference in attendance when they played in Blackburn as opposed to their regular home games in Preston is clear as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.