THE 2018/19 Everton Ladies WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Everton Ladies final game of the season tomorrow and its v Liverpool Women at Prenton park 12.30ko and its LIVE on Liverpool Womens facebook page,Everton after going 5 years without a Derby win or 1 win in 7 years are going for a hattrick of wins after getting 2 in 2 weeks in December,one league in Willie Kirk's 1st game in charge were 2 wonder strikes won us that game,and one a 3-1 cup win were the 4 goals were in the 1st 20mins.

SATURDAY 1TH MAY 12.30PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
LIVERPOOL WOMEN 3 EVERTON LADIES 1

Well it was the final day of the WSL season and Everton were going for a hattrick of Derby Wins,they are in 10th place and a win may move them up to the final placing of 9th and it was Everton's Angharad James who had the 1st real half chance of the game when she shot wide from Distance on 12 before on 17mins Laura Coombs for Liverpool saw her shot from just outside the area smash the crossbar,but on 26mins Liverpool Women took the lead when an angled free kick was crossed in and Ex Toffee's player Courtney Sweetman-Kirk beat keeper Levell to the cross and headed home for her 13th goal of the season and it was soon 2-0 on 30mins with Niamh Charles getting her 1st start since november after Injury tapping in after another Christie Murray free kick caused the Everton defence problems,but Everton got a goal back on 38mins when a fantastic inswinging corner for siri worm caused Liverpool trouble and it was fired in by Abbey-Leigh Stringer in the 6 yard box,Keeper Levell then saved a Niamh charles shot after she robbed the Everton back line,before in injury time Dan Turner put in a brilliant cross along the area from the left which Simone Magill just failed to reach,but it was 2-1 Liverpool at half time and they were the better team.

Liverpool's sweetman-kirk ad the 1st chance of the second half 1 minute into it and it went miles over,Hannah cain then went inches over the bar from distance for Everton,Levell then made another excellent save low down to her left on 52mins from Laura Coombs,Elise Hughes then was close to getting on the end of a brilliant cross from the right on 70mins,but the game had been quiet for 15-20mins,Levell then made an excellent save on 87mins but from the resulting corner which was flicked on,Amy Rodgers tapped in from yards out for her 1st of the season,Rogers then was so close to getting her 2nd in Injury time when another free kick was cleared but the rebound fell to her and Levell made a great low down save again as well as the rebound from Sweetman-Kirk, Liverpool won it 3-1 and it was there 1st Derby win for 2 years or this been the 5th game since in a deserved win.1842 was the crowd and a league high for Liverpool Ladies this season

Man Utd women and Spurs women join the top league from next season after both been promoted,Man utd women winning the league

EVERTON LADIES SCORER ABBEY LEIGH STRINGER

Liverpool Womens scorer Courtney sweetman-kirk

Liverpool Womens scorer Niamh Charles

Liverpool Womens scorer Amy Rodgers

It would be great if our second senior team (in this instance women's) could also play at Goodison Park (Or somewhere in Liverpool, because as much as i know they don't play in Liverpool.). At least they won the title more recently than men.

Why don't they play at Goodison? Everton rarely play at home at 3pm Saturday these days so let the women play there every 2 weeks. Admission free and some locals might go along to watch. Far better than seeing those pictures that look like zero crowds in some god forsaken third rate football ground. Just a thought. I live 30 miles away so would not go anyway but there must be a few hundred Everton fans living locally to EFC who might go and watch. with the men's team not playing.

This thread disappears for days or weeks. Is nobody interested? I like to put something on it now and then just to keep it alive.
Many are interested. Season is over. I am sure as news of transfers etc come in the thread will be active.

Oh. The season is over but on GOT we are still debating last and next season, so your comment makes no sense. Nobody gave an answer to my recent suggestion on how to raise the almost invisible profile of the women's team by playing their games at 3pm on Saturdays at Goodison as the men's team hardly ever plays at that time. The pitch would not suffer. Brighton allowed their female team to play recently at the club's ground.

Still trying to stir some interest here. Last season was a bad season, we came quite close to relegation. Who is to blame? Is Willie Kirk any good as coach? Should he not be replaced after such a poor season? If not why not? Which players are we looking at getting rid of? For example is Kirstie Levell the goalkeeper up to scratch at this level? Where do you think are the main weaknesses, defence or attack? What players are there out there we might sign to improve things? How much do they cost? Loads of questions. Any answers?

Oh. The season is over but on GOT we are still debating last and next season, so your comment makes no sense. Nobody gave an answer to my recent suggestion on how to raise the almost invisible profile of the women's team by playing their games at 3pm on Saturdays at Goodison as the men's team hardly ever plays at that time. The pitch would not suffer. Brighton allowed their female team to play recently at the club's ground.
ok...let's see then mate shall we?
Many are interested.
Yep, no sense. Clearly nobody cares for 12 pages :)
Season is over.
Nonsense kithnou!
I am sure as news of transfers etc come in the thread will be active.
I guess then there will be no transfers, therefore close the thread?

Yep, no sense my response above indeed ;)

To answer your point, yes I agree the ladies deserve a higher profile and should play at Goodison. I would actually play them prior to the men's match at Goodison to get more crowd in at their matches, and raise their profile.

In addition, I feel the club needs to financially support the Everton Ladies team as it is close to dropping again next season.

I think it's a good idea to play at Goodison. Modern football is overly obsessed with pitch condition though. Speaking as someone who grew up through the era where pitches regularly resembled the Somme in winter, I don't share the obsession.

I've long promoted ladies football for decades. I've coached girls teams in the past at school and took great pleasure in following them into the ladies game as they grew up. I loved the lack of cynicism of the ladies game and that it wasn't just reliant on pace and power. Equally I followed Everton ladies (from a distance) for all those years they narrowly failed to break past arsenals dominance yet were quite clearly better than the rest. I was proud that Everton were one of the few top clubs that were progressive enough to run a ladies team.

The bubble of my interest burst a few years back, when it all became professional - which meant rehearsed goal, celebrations increasing cheating but mist importantly the "big clubs" started up teams - not out if interest or support of the game they'd previously ignored, but because it offsets ffp rules. The final nail in that coffin of interest was when the rs started a team and literally bought all our top players, to buy instant success.

The game became the same cheque book parade that the men's game has become, with vulgar money trampling all over history and so my interest waned.

I think it's a good idea to play at Goodison. Modern football is overly obsessed with pitch condition though. Speaking as someone who grew up through the era where pitches regularly resembled the Somme in winter, I don't share the obsession.

I've long promoted ladies football for decades. I've coached girls teams in the past at school and took great pleasure in following them into the ladies game as they grew up. I loved the lack of cynicism of the ladies game and that it wasn't just reliant on pace and power. Equally I followed Everton ladies (from a distance) for all those years they narrowly failed to break past arsenals dominance yet were quite clearly better than the rest. I was proud that Everton were one of the few top clubs that were progressive enough to run a ladies team.

The bubble of my interest burst a few years back, when it all became professional - which meant rehearsed goal, celebrations increasing cheating but mist importantly the "big clubs" started up teams - not out if interest or support of the game they'd previously ignored, but because it offsets ffp rules. The final nail in that coffin of interest was when the rs started a team and literally bought all our top players, to buy instant success.

The game became the same cheque book parade that the men's game has become, with vulgar money trampling all over history and so my interest waned.

So you've stopped watching mens football ? You make some valid points about the motivation behind established football clubs having ladies team.

For me the way they treated Doncaster Belles put the whole WSL in a bad light.

So you've stopped watching mens football ? You make some valid points about the motivation behind established football clubs having ladies team.

For me the way they treated Doncaster Belles put the whole WSL in a bad light.
Agree about Doncaster. The only club to carry the flag and find consistent success for women's football for decades and they were effectively booted out because their men's team wasn't famous. Absolutely pathetic.

And no, my interest in men's football has waned massively since the prem became all about maintaining established brands rather than competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.