The 100 mil war chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a numpty with figures (and most other things) ... so, unless shown otherwise, I'll assume he knows that player investment is vital if the rest of his investment is to thrive.

Correct mate. He also knows that to compete at the highest level consistently we need to close the gap in wage bills between ourselves and Spurs and Liverpool who are next in line among our peers.

Correct mate. He also knows that to compete at the highest level consistently we need to close the gap in wage bills between ourselves and Spurs and Liverpool who are next in line among our peers.

Eska locuta est. Causa finita est.

And it continues........ :coffee:

Crying.jpg

Koeman has shown at all his previous clubs that he works well within a small budget,he's never really had big money to spend at any club.

Was he brought here for his managerial pedigree winning titles in 2nd tier leagues of Portugal and Holland or for his ability to maximise a squad on a small budget that he showed brilliantly at Southampton.

Moshiri is not the sugar daddy type owner we thought he was,Jack Walker,Abramovich and Mansour and Qatar royal family at PSG are true sugar daddies,as soon as the ink was dry on the contract to buy their clubs they were spending by the bucketloads straight away propelling those clubs,Moshiri is so far away from them and everyday that passes in this transfer window convinces me he's just a shrewd canny businessman who is quite frugal.

Last edited:
Don't recall a specific source, but £100m was certainly mentioned in several media, in particular in or around the time Koeman was appointed, this was the "war-chest" we would be tempting him with.

On the Monday in February after Moshiri's acquisition was announced, there were quite detailed articles in both The Express and The Guardian. I can't recall if they mentioned £100m, but they certainly did say that the era of Everton losing out to West Ham as supposedly was the case for Dmitri Payet, was now over.

Whether we spend £100m net or not (I don't think we will) it's not a huge amount in football anymore anyway.

I always find the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, and for Everton, has been caught between two extremes.

This "we're rich" refrain from some is as inaccurate as "nothing has changed" from others.

I see Moshiri's arrival as allowing us to be competitive relative to most of our peers and get a stadium built.

There is no hint of Sheikh Mansour about him on one hand, or Alexander Gaydamak, on the other.

Didn't Martinez say there would be funds this summer?

The way I read it at the time was he got 200mil for Arsenal and he bought some shares for less than 100 and made more available for other things.

Koeman has shown at all his previous clubs that he works well within a small budget,he's never really had big money to spend at any club.

Was he brought here for his managerial pedigree winning titles in 2nd tier leagues of Portugal and Holland or for his ability to maximise a squad on a small budget that he showed brilliantly at Southampton.

Moshiri is not the sugar daddy type owner we thought he was,Jack Walker,Abramovich and Mansour and Qatar royal family at PSG are true sugar daddies,as soon as the ink was dry on the contract to buy their clubs they were spending by the bucketloads straight away propelling those clubs,Moshiri is so far away from them and everyday that passes in this transfer window convinces me he's just a shrewd canny businessman who is quite frugal.

A lot of those did it at a time when most other teams had very small budgets. Nowadays it seems everyone is flush with cash so competition to go out and get the top players is fierce.

To be honest, I'd rather the club was sensible in it's acquisition of players rather than chucking cash at anyone.

Spurs turnover is over a 120 million less than the RS Arsenal City and Chelsea who are all in the 300-330 million range,and those clubs will be over £400 million by the 2017-2018 accounts with the new tv deal,those revenues those clubs could spend 100-150 million every summer and have a wage bill under 60% of turnover without breaking FFP rules.

Even with Spurs new stadium opening in 2 seasons time,they will still not get close to those clubs and United as they do not have the worldwide fanbase who shell out tons of money in merchandise of those clubs or the commercial pulling power from international partners where those overseas fans are.

City are in with those clubs from getting 177 million pounds a year from owner linked commercial deals from the UAE.An example of City international pull,Nike pay them 12 million a year,Nike just gave Chelsea a 60 million a year deal starting after next season,the likes of the RS get over 50 million a year from New Balance and that will be improved further when that deal runs out and United are getting 75 million a year from Adidas.

Catching those 5 clubs with their superior turnover is impossible unless he has his own businesses that can replicate how City did it commercially and i don't think he has his own airline,telecoms,media and tourism companies to give massive commercial deals like Mnasour has.

Spurs and West Ham are the targets to overtake,catching up to the other clubs i named turnover wise is a pipe dream sadly.

Last edited:

He was brought here to coach the first team. We have a whole team of people negotiating transfers.

And as for Moshiri comments... Well YOU might of made the bizarre assumption that he is as rich as the bleeding Qatar Royal Family, I don't recall anybody else doing so. Moshiri has bought us out, wiped our debt clean, paid huge sums to both dispose of Martinez and replace him with Koeman, and is putting plans in place to build a new stadium within the next 5 years. He, and the club, have also made it abundantly clear that a lot of money will be made available for transfers. Moshiri's intentions are there for all to see, relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.