The 100 mil war chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petit

Player Valuation: £30m
Without saying anything about it's accuracy, could we just for a laugh see if we could retrace the steps to the original source.

There's been a consensur for a while that it would be a 100 mil plus fees from sales budget available this summer.
Where did that come from?

I'll go first - I first heard about the 100 mil warchest around the time when we had just sacked Martinez, and I reckon I first saw it in a non red top tabloid like the Daily Star. But I'm not sure.
The 100 mil+ sales, as far as I remember, emerged when the season finished as speculation about Lukaku and Stones intensified. I think I first saw it either in a tabloid or here on GOT.

pinocchio-970x545.jpg

4 signings in today's transfer market and we'll have spent the £100m that people are so desperate for us to spend. We will spend a decent amount this transfer window, people just need to be patient.

This is a good thread and was needed. I have also been asking the same question for days yet get slated for it.

We don't actually have £100m to spend on new players, do we? Unless like someone said above, we sell Stones & Lukaku for £100m. But even then I don't see us going out and spending the entire sum on new signings.

Is there an actual source where I can read that Moshiri said we are going to spend a huge amount of his money on new players?

I suspect that RK may well have been advised that if he genuinely feels he needs up to £100 million in order to significantly strengthen and improve the squad in this window, then it will be made available to him.

On the other hand, our new major investor might have suggested caution on blowing too much too soon, and suggested a wee bit of restraint so as to give himself sufficient time to truly evaluate the current squad... by all means strengthen and replace those leaving, but no immediate need to go gung-ho.

Let's get the project moving forward, moving up the table from 11th to (at least) 8th or better... while the off-field activities continue to strengthen the club in the commercial world... and then next summer, go balls-out for the media-shocking, cage-rattling, fan-base-head exploding signings as 2017-18 will be the ultra serious campaign for top four if not better.

Without saying anything about it's accuracy, could we just for a laugh see if we could retrace the steps to the original source.

There's been a consensur for a while that it would be a 100 mil plus fees from sales budget available this summer.
Where did that come from?

I'll go first - I first heard about the 100 mil warchest around the time when we had just sacked Martinez, and I reckon I first saw it in a non red top tabloid like the Daily Star. But I'm not sure.
The 100 mil+ sales, as far as I remember, emerged when the season finished as speculation about Lukaku and Stones intensified. I think I first saw it either in a tabloid or here on GOT.

Next there'll be a conspiracy that the media created this "war chest" to drive up the prices of players eventually pricing Everton out of the market.
End of the day moneys there, it will be spent. people need to relax and have faith.
What leads me to believe that moneys there to be spent is by looking at what we've laid out already in the appointments of Koeman for 5mill and Walsh(not sure of how much he set us back)
Just look at the managers job, we could have appointed Moyes or de Boer both out of work. We didnt we went big and made a statement, we'll do the same with signings i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.