Team Vitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, all of that is fine, but why shouldn’t we comment on the speculation?

People have had their say about Moyes, Howe, Hughes, Vitor etc and it’s provided some interesting discussion.

The latest news is that Vitor is closest to being appointed, it’s natural that that will now be discussed too.

Not sure why that’s so terrible, on an Everton Football forum of all places......

It's not but everybody running round like it's a done deal and saying it's a terrible appointment like it's already happened is amusing is all. A hundred posts of "I can't believe we've appointed this guy, the board are morons!" when we haven't appointed this guy is just daft.

Very rare for multiple media sources to report something is happening like this, especially McNulty at the BBC.

I’d say its more than highly likely this is happening.

I honestly don’t get what our board see in him and why they think he’s got what it takes to do what Silva couldn’t? Especially in a league he’s never even managed in?

If he was as highly rated as thought surely he’d have ended up a top club and not be slugging it out in some joke Chinese League at 51 years of age?

So we are going to fly some dude back from China who is reportedly getting £20m a year, interview him, sign him up before Saturday.

You know this is Everton right?

It took 10 hours just to sack the last one!

File under Agent Wants 20% of New Deal.

And is reportedly being offered £25m by the same club.....to stay on. Just smacks of using Everton as a means to get a new improved contract, happened before and will probably happen again.

Very rare for multiple media sources to report something is happening like this, especially McNulty at the BBC.

I honestly don’t get what our board see in him and why they think he’s got what it takes to do what Silva couldn’t? Especially in a league he’s never even managed in?

If he was as highly rated as thought surely he’d have ended up a top club and not be slugging it out in some joke Chinese League at 51 years of age?
Yeah would be an appointment as bad as silva

I’m actually getting worried a director of football could be one of our issues, what was wrong with the old way? Perhaps it’s gives the manager more time to tend to his team issues, but that hasn’t worked here.
I don’t know I think it’s just moving with the times so to speak. I don’t think brands has done a bad job in terms of the player recruitment that he’s done. The only issue I have had with brands is failing to get a goal scorer and defender in the summer.

“Everton want Vitor Pereira as their new manager and hope to have him in place before Sunday's trip to Manchester United”

That was the report. That’s the decision i’m commenting on.

If the decision doesn’t come to fruition, then great. If it does, then it’s a poor decision.

That’s fair enough, isn’t it?
Thats not a decision.
That is someones opinion.

Which mate?

David Moyes.

David Moyes.

I get the point you are making however articles above say the likes of Moyes and Howe are being ‘considered’, which I’m sure they would have been. The articles are now saying we ‘want’ Periera as our manager and it’s come from the likes of McNulty who usually is a good source with Everton information.

I get the point you are making however articles above say the likes of Moyes and Howe are being ‘considered’, which I’m sure they would have been. The articles are now saying we ‘want’ Periera as our manager and it’s come from the likes of McNulty who usually is a good source with Everton information.

"lined up" etc.

There were loads of articles last week and even folk on here saying Moyes was a done deal, we were just waiting on our directors to sign contracts, odds that kept tumbling. And it was all nonsense.

Believe what you want, comment on what you want, I'm not saying don't. I'm just counselling against overreactions.

Silva was a nice guy, Vitor is not, he wont try and be friends with the players he'll single players out if they are not preforming.. is that going too far the other way? I don't really know much about him save what I've read here and some YouTube videos, I'm not sure i'm a fan of this move as there are other better managers unattached and available at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.