Targets for 23/24 Season

What is your opinion on our targets for the 2023/24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A realistic target should be what Palace did last season. Were pretty comfortable most of the season, had that wobble around Feb-March when Vieira was harshly sacked but then were safe by mid April and finished on 45 points in the end.

With 0 signings and nothing looking likely just scrambling to 36-38 points and the giddy heights of 17th feels a bit achievement currently.
I can agree with this, but hopefully we stick with Dyche for a while to get some stability. Obviously, situations are different for different clubs with different managers and Palace really did need to sack Vieira to avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

Also, if you extrapolate Dyche's 21 points from 18 games last season, over a 38 game season, we are on around 44 points, which would mean we are safe. However, factor in new signings which could improve the squad, as well as Dyche having a full pre-season, and we could be looking at fifty-odd points.

I can agree with this, but hopefully we stick with Dyche for a while to get some stability. Obviously, situations are different for different clubs with different managers and Palace really did need to sack Vieira to avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

Also, if you extrapolate Dyche's 21 points from 18 games last season, over a 38 game season, we are on around 44 points, which would mean we are safe. However, factor in new signings which could improve the squad, as well as Dyche having a full pre-season, and we could be looking at fifty-odd points.

50 + points is a big big ask when team averages just two away wins a season for quite some time now.

Of course Burnley were limited team but they'd only won one away game in 21/22 when he got sacked after losing at Norwich and that was in mid April.

6 away wins the previous season although that was BCD. That with 5-6 draws is what you need to be comfortable top half so it's a big ask although at least the side kept battling and picked up plenty of draws after falling behind which wasn't happening previously.

if we won’t get the players we need so badly then it’s just the same.
the board surely have to know this we’ve got lucky twice it won’t be thrice
Well getting rid of mina coady Davies Townsend etc. Although in some ways only bit part players they are still part of an already depleted squad. Last season we couldn't even fill the bench with these in the squad. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but I can't see it. Not saying I want to keep them but we are just so short of numbers and have an horrendous injury record

8th-12th is realistic but we have to aim for 7th every season and hope thats good enough for Europa Conference which is a winnable trophy as WHU have just proven.

13th-17th is Bournemouth fans mentality ffs. No ambition just like Kenwright some fans of ours.

Well getting rid of mina coady Davies Townsend etc. Although in some ways only bit part players they are still part of an already depleted squad. Last season we couldn't even fill the bench with these in the squad. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but I can't see it. Not saying I want to keep them but we are just so short of numbers and have an horrendous injury record

yup

Status
Not open for further replies.