Targets for 23/24 Season

What is your opinion on our targets for the 2023/24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A perfect send off for dyche ( and the remaining filth clogging up our wage structure ) with trouble never reaching our doorstep..
A new board with Investment/buy-out sorted.
FFP sorted and in the past.

A new Stadium - A fresh/new Everton....

Get rid of the owl faced blurt Kenwright, win a cup, get ready for a final flourish at Goodison Park.

Can't see anything other than a bottom half finish again with this squad but I'll see who we bring in.

I trust Dyche to get us enough points to be safe like March like Crystal Palace seem to do every year

Can't see anything other than a bottom half finish again with this squad but I'll see who we bring in.

I trust Dyche to get us enough points to be safe like March like Crystal Palace seem to do every year
That's as good as it's going to get.

We need two forwards in to achieve that though. But we'll likely get one and have DCL in for a few games and we'll still be struggling to get safe at the back end of Easter.

Safety with games to spare. The last 2 years have been utterly miserable and a lot needs to be done in the transfer market to stop a 3rd year of the same.

Surviving needs to be priority 1 and build from there. Can't handle another close call though after the last two seasons. Heart can't take it.

At the start of the season the target should be pushing for lower European places but being realistic that's obviously not going to happen.

Aiming for mid-table is more realistic but still a stretch. Just avoiding relegation is the bare minimum. Targets should be set higher than that.

As others have said though, it really depends on the recruitment over the next couple of months.

A realistic target should be what Palace did last season. Were pretty comfortable most of the season, had that wobble around Feb-March when Vieira was harshly sacked but then were safe by mid April and finished on 45 points in the end.

With 0 signings and nothing looking likely just scrambling to 36-38 points and the giddy heights of 17th feels a bit achievement currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.