Targets for 23/24 Season

What is your opinion on our targets for the 2023/24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally finish as high as possible. At this stage, I'd be ecstatic with Conference League qualification but consider it highly unlikely at this stage.

Nope. EPL gets 1 place in the Conference League either win the League cup, or if the league cup is won by one of the top 6 then 7th place qualifies for the conference league.

There are 4 champions league places and 2 Europa League places as well.
Potentially 3 Europa spots as West Ham demonstrated this season by winning the Conf Cup. Liverpool, Brighton and Hammers are in this year's Europa League

Potentially 3 Europa spots as West Ham demonstrated this season by winning the Conf Cup. Liverpool, Brighton and Hammers are in this year's Europa League
Yes, but that can only happen if a team wins the europa conference league and finishes outside the european places in their league position, which happened because west ham finished 14th. We cant do that next season. Villa Could.

Yes, but that can only happen if a team wins the europa conference league and finishes outside the european places in their league position, which happened because west ham finished 14th. We cant do that next season. Villa Could.
i get that, that's why I said 'potentially'. It would be nice for teams in the league if Villa managed to win the Conf Cup and finish in the top 6 as I assume that would then mean Europe qualification for the 8th placed team in the PL. I am not sure that is how it would work but it would seem logical enough but I wouldn't bet against UEFA having some mad ruling to give the place to some other country

i get that, that's why I said 'potentially'. It would be nice for teams in the league if Villa managed to win the Conf Cup and finish in the top 6 as I assume that would then mean Europe qualification for the 8th placed team in the PL. I am not sure that is how it would work but it would seem logical enough but I wouldn't bet against UEFA having some mad ruling to give the place to some other country

No, it doesn’t provide an extra place. it doesn’t work that way, it only happens if the team that wins the conference league finishes out of the European places. If Villa win the europa conference and finish 5th or above then only 7 teams qualify for Europe.

No, it doesn’t provide an extra place. it doesn’t work that way, it only happens if the team that wins the conference league finishes out of the European places. If Villa win the europa conference and finish 5th or above then only 7 teams qualify for Europe.

I can't see that article doesn't says that. The article explains that if a team qualifies for a lower European competition via a cup win and also qualifies for a higher European competition via the league then the place in the lower European competition goes to the next position in the league. If, for example, Villa finishes 4th i.e. Champs League (yes, I know it is not going to happen, it is just for illustrative purposes) and wins the Europa Conf where does the extra in the Europa League for winning Europa Conf go?

A safe season. Try to stay 7 points above relegation by midseason for the duration and be comfortable. That’s the minimum. I also want to see a team that has a plan. Dyche had a team that competed in the majority of games last season but I want to see us add some end product. If we show that, we can set our expectations significantly higher. It’s up to him to find it.

I can't see that article doesn't says that. The article explains that if a team qualifies for a lower European competition via a cup win and also qualifies for a higher European competition via the league then the place in the lower European competition goes to the next position in the league. If, for example, Villa finishes 4th i.e. Champs League (yes, I know it is not going to happen, it is just for illustrative purposes) and wins the Europa Conf where does the extra in the Europa League for winning Europa Conf go?

It explains it about Man City, they finished first and won the champions league, but there is no additional champions league place awarded to the premier league.

It explains it about Man City, they finished first and won the champions league, but there is no additional champions league place awarded to the premier league.
That's because England can only have 4 teams in the Champions League regardless of how they qualify. It also says that if the team that wins the Carabao Cup qualifies for the Champions League that the Europa place is allocated to the next position in the league. Because City or other CL qualifer win the Carabo cup each year another place is awarded for Europa based on league position

Realistically with the prem as strong as it is at the moment, mid table would be pretty damn good. Plus it'd be a huge step in the right direction for Dychey

Status
Not open for further replies.