Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about it. At the current price suggested, Moshiri isn't selling. There isn't enough in it for him after what he has already spent. If he does sell at these figures, then he is in well over his head (i.e., Uncle Uzzy has laid down the law) and we are better off without anyway.

I take this story as the opening gambit of Moshiri's campaign to eventually sell the club. I suspect it has been designed to stoke up interest in the club and unofficially signal that we are for sale.
If moshiri has managed to turn 600 million of dirty money into 500 million of clean money then it’s a nice bit of business for him and his backers….

We can’t spend money anyway.

So they transfer activity will be solely down to our business of selling, to buy.

We’re not allowed the investment, even if we wanted it, so think Ashley Pt. 2 is wide of the mark.

God knows what happens, when we sell though, unless we get a state buyout like yourselves.
As I mentioned a moment ago I am a Chelsea supporter and to be honest have no idea how our new owners will turn out to be but the conditions that RA was able to attach to the sell to a degree are unique.

Its abundantly clear that the ever increasing numbers of American owners will want a return on their investment .That historically would be by way of dividends but as witnessed at Arsenal who’s owners dipped their toes into the pot by way of taking a £3 million fee in respect of facilitates provided then I suspect that we are going to ultimately see clubs like Chelsea like Arsenal and yes like Liverpool paying significant sums to associated companies add to that Raine Bank ( they facilitated the sale of Chelsea) estimate the asset value of Chelsea will be close to £10 billion in a decade

You have to think way outside the box in terms of revenue streams and what was very interesting and missed by many is that Chelsea’s sponsorship deal with 3 wasn’t just about cash. It included undisclosed sums in respect of IT infrastructure and in turn Chelsea’s accounts showed significant sums in respect of R&D very very unusual for a football club.

What does that mean ?

The Athletic published an article last month it detailed how the technology is very close to being able to deliver a virtual match day experience in effect you will be able to watch say in the US as if you were in a seat at Stamford Bridge from that seat you will be able to chat to the person next to you , you will have 3D full 360 degree vision of the event and of course the game itself . Will that be lucrative? Well football supporters pay vast sums so if pitched right yep it will

My point is that the PL generates vast sums what we see at the moment is that the bulk of the revenue drips out via disproportionate spend on running costs but no return for the owners.

Every time there is an uplift in TV or advertising revenue that either is paid out by every increasing wages , huge agent fees or transfer fees paid to other clubs which in turn often fund their disproportionately high costs. Without a murmur we as supporters are happy to see money spent in this way yet the risk takers are criticised if they look for a return

With the stadium coming and moving ahead this is a MAJOR plus for investment. I thought he would sell after completion but seems he is happy to jump early now that Premier League survival has been confirmed.
I'd have expected him to sell up after the build but the sanctions on Usmanov coupled with our financial position may have backed him into a corner. We're in a bit of a catch 22 position, can't invest in the squad significantly but poor on field performance affects our income (league pos) and undermines any potential to improve our commercial performance.

As I mentioned a moment ago I am a Chelsea supporter and to be honest have no idea how our new owners will turn out to be but the conditions that RA was able to attach to the sell to a degree are unique.

Its abundantly clear that the ever increasing numbers of American owners will want a return on their investment .That historically would be by way of dividends but as witnessed at Arsenal who’s owners dipped their toes into the pot by way of taking a £3 million fee in respect of facilitates provided then I suspect that we are going to ultimately see clubs like Chelsea like Arsenal and yes like Liverpool paying significant sums to associated companies add to that Raine Bank ( they facilitated the sale of Chelsea) estimate the asset value of Chelsea will be close to £10 billion in a decade

You have to think way outside the box in terms of revenue streams and what was very interesting and missed by many is that Chelsea’s sponsorship deal with 3 wasn’t just about cash. It included undisclosed sums in respect of IT infrastructure and in term Chelsea’s accounts showed significant sums in respect of R&D very very unusual for a football club.

What does that mean ?

The Athletic published an article last month it detailed how the technology is very close to being able to deliver a virtual match day experience in effect you will be able to watch say in the US as if you were in a seat at Stamford Bridge from that seat you will be able to chat to the person next to you , you will have 3D full 360 degree vision of the event and of course the game itself . Will that be lucrative? Well football supporters pay vast sums so if pitched right yep it will

My point is that the PL generates vast sums what we see at the moment is that the bulk of the revenue drips out via disproportionate spend on running costs but no return for the owners.

Every time there is an uplift in TV or advertising revenue that either is paid out by every increasing wages , huge agent fees or transfer fees paid to other clubs which in turn often fund their disproportionately high costs. Without a murmur we as supporters are happy to see money spent in this way yet the risk takers are criticised if they look for a return

Sorry mate, did think the name didn’t sound like a Newcastle fan.

Americans are in it for themselves, it if you run yourselves like our neighbours you’ll be fine. If Buehly is anything like he is with the Dodgers, you’ll still be blowing the others out the water.

I think that’s a really solid post. The reason why Billionaires are often Billionaires is because they are willing to take risks others aren’t. If we give up on what football was, and focus on what it’s becoming, you can see exactly why a premier league club is an attractive proposition.

It's stick or twist. I say stick....... Mosh is a buffoon who should not be anywhere near transfer dealings etc Right or wrong he put his money where his mouth is. I can honestly see a ray of hope now he has wound his neck in.
I agree about sticking with Moshiri ( not that we have a choice).
If he just stepped back on the football side and gets the right people in to make football decisions he can still be the perfect owner .
I would like to see him stay at least until the ground is built. As for Kenwright his time surely must be coming close the end as far as remaining on as chairman.
Moshiri was always going to sell once the ground was built, for him to sell now at the figures suggested Is a worry as it suggests that he hasn't got the money or backing to complete the ground build.

Hard to know what to think with this. Timing is strange also, after last week’s communication from Moshiri saying he was “committed to securing the future success of the Club by delivering a fully funded stadium”.

It’s hard to see how anyone can make money off us, after buying the club, paying off the debt and funding the remaining 2/3s of the new stadium, if Mosh was to sell now.

Would guess it’s all down to Mosh having plans of USM funding, sponsorship, naming rights all lined up, and the rug has well and truly been pulled on those lines of revenue, and it’s left him holding the (very expensive) can, so he sees it as ‘cut your losses’ time.

My main concern would be us being left with 1/3 of a stadium built, and no-one willing to pay for it being completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.