Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has. They’d not have won much with Matip, Henderson and firmino if he wasn’t there
Considering what the recoup, he doesn’t spend close to the likes of city, Chelsea or Utd

The structure they’ve put in place is tremendous.

Klopp without doubt has made them progress, beyond expectations, but everything else they’ve done has been too draw (sadly).

Their transfer policy, for outgoings has been fantastic. They fetch a premium for less than premium players, keep your eyes peeled for what they sell Nat Phillips, Neco Williams this summer.

Training ground, redeveloping ground, global branding, structuring of staff throughout the club.

Frustrating, we had the same chance and we did things like allow Unsworth to be a crab, signed three number 10’s lol

Yes which makes me think they could leverage debt, unless these lads are throwing 200 million a year into the club, they are cutting and cutting hard or raising debt onto the clubs books for finance, none of that will be going into the playing squad because it can’t. I don’t think a leaveraged buy out, or partly leaveraged is impossible, in fact it makes more sense than not. You’d be mad to invest your own money in us.

We’re speculating of course as we don’t know the detail of any deal, but I’d say it’s far from impossible, in fact I’m concerned.
US acquisitions are based largely on debt in the business, not using your own money. Glaziers have been successful doing this at utd. The prob for the fans is this has been based on financial success not football success.

The only American owners I want anywhere near us is that guy who ran Chester City (even further) into the ground. That would be hilarious.

Last season we hired Benitez as the great fan divider. Now an American consortium is shaping up to be the ownership equivalent of Benitez.

Everton, ffs. Can't we just have soke calm for once?

Reckon they'll start calling us 'customers' *shudders*.

Clutch at straws.

Hope that they’re using these Americans as bait, to get the other parties to step up their interest.

Can’t believe my straws are coming from Richard Keys, ffs.

As an outsider looking in and knowing how disruptive firstly talk of a buy out/ takeover can be and then how a club will go almost into suspended animation then I can’t but help feel that this couldn’t have come at a worse time for you.

Now I am not saying that ultimately a change of ownership might may well not be a good thing for you but there clearly has to be a view that your current owner has either ran out of money, lost interest but irrespective can you see him if he truly is thinking about selling for a set price wanting to lump in more investment in the summer transfer window ?

I am not saying it will be Ashley mark 2 but once he decided to sell and yes it took quite a while to get the sale over the line during that protracted period Newcastle were in a terrible position

Sorry. You're wrong.

This bunch are absolutely disgusting.

The sad thing is, we have 'almost' the perfect owner.

He's generous (to a fault) but terribly advised, from both inside and outside of the club.

We finally have the supporters fully backing the team and this rears up.

My only hope is that the numbers mentioned make no sense for the buyer OR the seller.
I wouldn't worry about it. At the current price suggested, Moshiri isn't selling. There isn't enough in it for him after what he has already spent. If he does sell at these figures, then he is in well over his head (i.e., Uncle Uzzy has laid down the law) and we are better off without anyway.

I take this story as the opening gambit of Moshiri's campaign to eventually sell the club. I suspect it has been designed to stoke up interest in the club and unofficially signal that we are for sale.

Wait, Steve fn Bannon is quasi involved with this? No fn way doi want anyone even remotely near his fringes anywhere near our club. I would instantly stop supporting Everton if they did.
Screenshot_20220614-073728_Google.jpg

Sorry. You're wrong.

This bunch are absolutely disgusting.

The sad thing is, we have 'almost' the perfect owner.

He's generous (to a fault) but terribly advised, from both inside and outside of the club.

We finally have the supporters fully backing the team and this rears up.

My only hope is that the numbers mentioned make no sense for the buyer OR the seller.

As an outsider looking in and knowing how disruptive firstly talk of a buy out/ takeover can be and then how a club will go almost into suspended animation then I can’t but help feel that this couldn’t have come at a worse time for you.

Now I am not saying that ultimately a change of ownership might may well not be a good thing for you but there clearly has to be a view that your current owner has either ran out of money, lost interest but irrespective can you see him if he truly is thinking about selling for a set price wanting to lump in more investment in the summer transfer window ?

I am not saying it will be Ashley mark 2 but once he decided to sell and yes it took quite a while to get the sale over the line during that protracted period Newcastle were in a terrible position

Well you're in a terrible position now, to be fair. What with being the marketing arm of Saudi Arabia, right down to your away kit next season.

We can’t spend money anyway.

So they transfer activity will be solely down to our business of selling, to buy.

We’re not allowed the investment, even if we wanted it, so think Ashley Pt. 2 is wide of the mark.

God knows what happens, when we sell though, unless we get a state buyout like yourselves.

Rather moshiri than someone associated with trumpism
To be honest, I'd rather Arab kleptocrats that anybody associated with Bannon and Trump. At least with the head choppers, there is no pretence that these are good guys in any way, shape, or form. We really do not need to be owned by white supremacists and people responsible for attempting to bring down Western democracy over the last decade.

I mean, imagine the utter buffoonery of making Alisher Usmanov persona non grata and allowing Steve Bannon and his mates take over at Everton. Fit and proper my arse.

To be honest, I'd rather Arab kleptocrats that anybody associated with Bannon and Trump. At least with the head choppers, there is no pretence that these are good guys in any way, shape, or form. We really do not need to be owned by white supremacists and people responsible for attempting to bring down Western democracy over the last decade.

I mean, imagine the utter buffoonery of making Alisher Usmanov persona non grata and allowing Steve Bannon and his mates take over at Everton. Fit and proper my arse.

But Steve Bannon isn't part of this group. He's just friends with somebody who is.

Status
Not open for further replies.