Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my big concern, the clubs is a basket case, it’s drip fed by 200mil investment a year by a looney owner, removing that is going to be fast, hard and painful - it’s utterly dependent on that finance, the club can’t spend money and invest in footballers due to profit and sustainability. There is absolutely no way you’d touch this business, if you couldn’t raise finance and get someone else to pay it back. We’re just not attractive as an investment, so there is an alternative revenue raising strategy here.

Nothing good can come from from this at all, best outcome here is Moshiri stays and continuous to write massive cheuqes and clean up the mess he’s created. Looks like he’s cutting his losses to me, he doesn’t want to pump 200 million into us a year anymore.

Think of this though, Moshiri has appointed 6 permanent managers almost one a year since he’s been here, based on that judgement and analyse in decision making, do we really trust him to pick the best owner for Evertons Wellbeing?

I’ll get the markers and sheets.

Theres no way, from what I can see a raider (see activist or vulture) would look at Everton and see a potential asset play.

It's a terrible business that loses lots of money.

The people involved are serious players in the Hedge fund industry. They can see a balance sheet. Unlike Burnley theres no cash on it.

Has there been any firm suggestion this would be a leveraged buy out.

I'd imagine they can find away around it.

China and/or Dubai would also be very good.

Indeed Citys owners own multiple clubs.
Bit concerned that any new owners we may get might go to parties with owners of the scab 6, last thing we need is roping into some euro super league for the wealthy elite. I was proud we helped give them a tanning and so much negativity went their way. The monopoly types want easy prey, butter you up then you find yourself on toast...

Think we've missed the boat there with PSG owned by the Qatar SWF - dont think they could get away with owning 2x clubs in Europe particularly if we ever got into european competition.

I imagine our best hope is a Dubai Royal or Chinese state backed group.
Any chance for King of Thailand or Sultan of Brunei?

IMG_20220614_000846.jpg

Wait, Steve fn Bannon is quasi involved with this? No fn way doi want anyone even remotely near his fringes anywhere near our club. I would instantly stop supporting Everton if they did.

He get his money back as all he does is gets more shares and sell them for more money, think he’s put around 676 million in so he want 700 for us probably.

He’s put in over 800 million mate, he put more this year. He’s not getting that a million years. The business isn’t worth 500 million. I think he’s cutting his losses, he’s not prepared to invest anymore. If the takeover comes to pass, but it’s very very early and exploratory.

Last edited:
I remember in 2016 all the talk was of an American takeover and then Moshiri was announced out of the blue one day.

I generally think serious players tend to go under the radar.

City, announced quietly. Chelsea announced quietly from left field.

If people are saying 4 negotiators, it is most likely to be ones who arent named.

Status
Not open for further replies.