Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say we are a great club to takeover as we tick many boxes.
History
Fan base
Cheap (under performing)
New ground
Opportunities that arise because of the ground around the area
Great city
We aren't RS victims
It hurts to say but our association to the RS as city rivals is actually a selling point. Similar to Athletico with Real or City to United before their success. It makes us somewhat interesting globally and separates us from clubs like Villa who nobody really cares about

Kenyon knows how to run a club, so that would be a positive.
If there's anything in this, who knows if they would be better or not. What we do know is that until the stadium is finished we're pretty much screwed money wise because of the abject failure of Moshiri

Wait, Steve fn Bannon is quasi involved with this? No fn way doi want anyone even remotely near his fringes anywhere near our club. I would instantly stop supporting Everton if they did.
No he’s not ffs.

Look, I don’t necessarily want someone who’s mates with Bannon (from their Goldman Sachs days, rather than from Bannon’s “political” days) involved in the club, but let’s not turn this into “we’re getting taken over by Steve Bannon” or even give anything like that narrative oxygen.

For me the problem with American consortiums is that they habitual acquire football clubs purely for their own profit usually in the form of dividends.
One possibly aspect of this would be that they pass the cost of the new stadium directly on to the supporters in the form of substantially raised admission prices, as has indeed happened at Arsenal.
Given that the personal wealth of this group is not overly impressive in terms of football club ownership it is a worrying development.
Added to the fact that any friend of Bannon is a sworn enemy of mine.

Last edited:

My only stance is if it happens and it is linked to Bannon, I'm done

I think the only link is that the lead used to work with him in his investment banking days, rather than his conspiracy theorising, looking 2 weeks away from sleeping on a bench days.

Last season we hired Benitez as the great fan divider. Now an American consortium is shaping up to be the ownership equivalent of Benitez.

Everton, ffs. Can't we just have soke calm for once?

Reckon they'll start calling us 'customers' *shudders*.

For me the problem with American consortiums is that they habitual acquire football clubs purely for their own profit usually in the form of dividends.
One possibly aspect of this would be that they pass the cost of the new stadium directly on to the supporters in the form of substantially raised admission prices, as has indeed happened at Arsenal.
Given that the personal wealth of this group is not overly impressive in terms of football club ownership it is a worrying development.
Anybody who thinks this bunch are an improvement are a step up from our current owner are absolute headcases.

Moshiri is a buffoon when it comes to football, and he's clearly not ruthless enough when it comes to execs. (which is really surprising when you see how decisive he usually is with managers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.