Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's stick or twist. I say stick....... Mosh is a buffoon who should not be anywhere near transfer dealings etc Right or wrong he put his money where his mouth is. I can honestly see a ray of hope now he has wound his neck in.
Based on him signing players over his managers head in the very last transfer window?

Moshiri will never be able to wind his neck in.

Sounds to me like we could be going from an ambitious ownership model who were happy to splash the cash regularly year on year to strive to make the club reach the top again but did so poorly but not without the right intention.

And going to a blood sucking type ownership model who will run the club in a fashion where any profit they make will likely line their own pockets and although the club will be run with a better insight, the ceiling will be a lot lower and mediocrity will again be a regular occurrence at best. And a lot of fans are happy with this? I guess this is a measure of the sorry state the club is now in.

I think the Chelsea takeover may have got a few people thinking about investing in the premier league again.

As sides like City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Utd aren't likely to be sold anytime soon, investors have looked at other side's and as much as it may surprise us, the stadium build does make us an attractive prospect.

Let's see where this goes

Moshiri's thinking chair.

FVFraSsWQAE-eNb
Looks like Bill playing Old Mother Riley.

Sounds to me like we could be going from an ambitious ownership model who were happy to splash the cash regularly year on year to strive to make the club reach the top again but did so poorly but not without the right intention.

And going to a blood sucking type ownership model who will run the club in a fashion where any profit they make will likely line their own pockets and although the club will be run with a better insight, the ceiling will be a lot lower and mediocrity will again be a regular occurrence at best. And a lot of fans are happy with this? I guess this is a measure of the sorry state the club is now in.

I have no real opinion as yet, because we have very limited information. Our current ownership has been pretty disastrous, so I'm certainly open minded to new ownership. I don't think they could do a whole lot worse. Hopefully it's owners most people can get behind, but I would imagine Moshiri will sell to the highest bidder.

I don't get it.
When Moshiri bought us we were a sleeping giant with untapped potential but thanks to years of poor decision making and mismanagement we are an absolute mess. The playing squad is the poorest it's been for years and we are handcuffed by FFP & P&S rules so it's not like we can just throw money at the problem.
The only good thing on the horizon right now is the stadium but we still don't know how that's being financed.
Commercially we're miles off the big boys, we've just jumped into bed with a betting firm despite saying we wouldn't and we've been haemorrhaging money year after year so what is there to gain for a new owner? We're still going to have the same financial restriction hanging over us so I worry what changes.

I have no real opinion as yet, because we have very limited information. Our current ownership has been pretty disastrous, so I'm certainly open minded to new ownership. I don't think they could do a whole lot worse. Hopefully it's owners most people can get behind, but I would imagine Moshiri will sell to the highest bidder.
The only ones mentioned so far mate will be an unmitigated disaster if they buy us.

The only ones mentioned so far mate will be an unmitigated disaster if they buy us.

I don't know much about any of them, so have no real opinion,, and don't think we can say what anyone might do. I think we need Moshiri to sell before we can move forward, but obviously it depends a lot on who he sells to.

I agree about sticking with Moshiri ( not that we have a choice).
If he just stepped back on the football side and gets the right people in to make football decisions he can still be the perfect owner .
I would like to see him stay at least until the ground is built. As for Kenwright his time surely must be coming close the end as far as remaining on as chairman.
Moshiri was always going to sell once the ground was built, for him to sell now at the figures suggested Is a worry as it suggests that he hasn't got the money or backing to complete the ground build.
I agree mate. I think the Usmanov money may play a factor. My humble and honest opinion is....... We saw something special at the end of the season, with the whole club/fans etc unified. It was a feel good factor for all the wrong reasons. However, I feel it is what was needed. I think next season we could open a few eyes.

I don't get it.
When Moshiri bought us we were a sleeping giant with untapped potential but thanks to years of poor decision making and mismanagement we are an absolute mess. The playing squad is the poorest it's been for years and we are handcuffed by FFP & P&S rules so it's not like we can just throw money at the problem.
The only good thing on the horizon right now is the stadium but we still don't know how that's being financed.
Commercially we're miles off the big boys, we've just jumped into bed with a betting firm despite saying we wouldn't and we've been haemorrhaging money year after year so what is there to gain for a new owner? We're still going to have the same financial restriction hanging over us so I worry what changes.

I'd be very very worried in terms of the stadium as that will be the thing we have which is of massive value. American takeovers very very rarely end well and there is a reason why this lot hsve failed repeatedly in other attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.