Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEGA.png

Yes which makes me think they could leverage debt, unless these lads are throwing 200 million a year into the club, they are cutting and cutting hard or raising debt in to the clubs books for finance, none of that will be going into the playing squad because it can’t. I don’t think a leaveraged buy out, or partly leaveraged is impossible, in fact it makes more sense than not. You’d be mad to invest your own money in us.

Who would lend against us? And what's their pay out? They need the club to stay in the PL?

United/Liverpool, solid balance sheet with huge name.
Burnley-loads of cash.

I dont see the upside of that strategy for Everton. Youd just avoid.

If you cut hard, we go down, and they lose their investment.

FFP will be changed soon, and there would be stupid deals.

What’s your basis for this statement? I ask because what I read on Uefa’s website and the BBC is this is only going to get worse. At the moment clubs can spend 90% of their turnover on player wages and transfers, over the next few seasons this will drop to 80% and the 70%. Making it really hard for clubs in our position to complete with champions league clubs

Who would lend against us? And what's their pay out? They need the club to stay in the PL?

Burnley-loads of cash.

Own cash now..

Refinance once in stadium against the club and repay themselves?

What’s your basis for this statement? I ask because what I read on Uefa’s website and the BBC is this is only going to get worse. At the moment clubs can spend 90% of their turnover on player wages and transfers, over the next few seasons this will drop to 80% and the 70%. Making it really hard for clubs in our position to complete with champions league clubs

The basis is what you've described mate. It's being changed.

And expect massive sponsorships for any club bought out by a sovereign fund.

Own cash now..

Refinance once in stadium against the club and repay themselves?

Yes that could work. It would rely on certain things though:
1) Stadium going through
2) Club maximising the opportunity
3) Club substantially growing in value (to have equity to leverage against).

I'd still say in that instance, why leverage? You would gain value from improved performance.

I sort of agree with your track though. It makes sense to me, it's more of a medium term, rebuild an awfully ran club with excellent management and a new stadium.

People dreaming of sovereign wealth funds, you guys, how long have you supported this club?

We will get some crazy yanks who send us to China to play games specially for Winnie the Pooh, they will change the clubs name to Everton Tomahawks and we will convert to a MLS club within 2 years.

Richard Keys has hinted at such.

Burnley-loads of cash.

Because we can’t afford what we spend mate, at current spending the club is dependent on Moshiri putting money into the club, 100s of million a year, he’s made us utterly dependent on him and we loose money hand over fist.

Presently the club isn’t sustainable without raised finance, three ways of getting that, eithe 1) these lads write cheques on top of the cost price - don’t see it, 2) They take in external debt on behalf of the club in Everton’s name and the club pay it back (maybe including or partly including the cost of borrowing to buy), 3) Cut and cut hard, selling or financing against anything that moves.

The plan will be to back themselves to stay in the PL by doing any of the above, they will manage costs or and raise debt, maintaining their asset as it appreciates.

I agree that’s my concern I don’t see an upside either for Everton.

What do you see them doing?

To what degree will the stadium be incorporated into the sale? If it's included within the £500 million pound sale price, then it would be a very good deal for a new owner, and there has long been an acceptance that we may have to take on and service debt to realise the new stadium. If it doesn't include the stadium, then the new owner is looking at a purchase price of somewhere around 1 billion, a figure that would surely preclude a leveraged buyout?

We could have the richest man in the world, but he will still only be allowed to lose around 100million pound over 3 years to adhere to the current FFP rules. Moshiri has far exceeded such losses and somehow managed to take us backwards. If we have owners that don't invest, and Everton only spends Everton's revenue, then we are essentially back to the Kenwright era, although you would hope that the new owners would have better business acumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.