Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about Benitez, that’s the whole point which a lot of people don’t understand. The same way getting rid of Carlo for the wrong tactics which some wanted wasn’t the right move, or firing Lampard after the Burnley loss wouldn’t have been the right move.

My point is that we have a fanbase obsessed with managers. The banners are all out when they didn’t want Pereira yet when it comes to missing a minute of football to protest 27 years of inept ownership, ‘nah cba kopite behaviour that lad’

As others have pointed out, if Liverpool lose a game FSG are being questioned. United fans revile Ed Woodward and the glazers. Kroenke can barely show his face in London. Meanwhile we still have fans who won’t hear a bad word about DBB despite the fact she’s achieved Jack since she’s been here.

We moan about Kenwirght being too sentimental but the fanbase is equally just as bad, we’ll put up with absolutely anything, 30 years without a trophy and barely a whimper….until it comes to managers where we’re quite happy to have them out after a few losses. We’re not bothered about the pathetic executive team behind them, or the crap they have to manage which have seen off 5 other managers. No, it’s all about getting one man out, and if his name is Benitez then even better.

I really hope there is a big mobilisation of fans if these turn out to be the wrong owners for Everton but based on the last 30 years I’m not sure that there’s any evidence for it occurring. Unless they bring back Benitez of course….
Then why make sarky comments based around him? Like i say, it's boring that you and fb92 continually raise him (more so fb92) in multiple threads all the time.

Banners all out? One tosser graffiti'd goodsion against Vitor. Was hardly a huge mobilisation of fans.

The majority, certainly on here, want DBB gone, also kenwright etc. There will always be one or two who support them but just head into their threads and you will see that in the main, most want them gone.

I notice all the ITKs like elbobble or FFN didnt get a sniff of any sort if takeover until genuine reporters got wind of it
Bobble said himself this info isn’t anywhere near his ‘circle’. He is friends with agents so I’ve assumed his source is an agent who works on behalf of Everton but yeah, on a space yesterday he said it’s above his pay grade so to speak so not something he would get info on quickly at least.
Someone else on Twitter this morning (forget exactly who) said that he has 'friends' who work at the club whom are 'expecting a takeover to happen'. It's a bit all over the place right now lol

Seems like the same kind of goose chase that Arsenal fans came to expect when they questioned tightening of the pursestrings due to Stadium debt, when there was lack of spending by their owners, and they had the allure of Moshiri and Usmanov wanting to take over.

Smoke and mirrors. IMO

It’s not about Benitez, that’s the whole point which a lot of people don’t understand. The same way getting rid of Carlo for the wrong tactics which some wanted wasn’t the right move, or firing Lampard after the Burnley loss wouldn’t have been the right move.

My point is that we have a fanbase obsessed with managers. The banners are all out when they didn’t want Pereira yet when it comes to missing a minute of football to protest 27 years of inept ownership, ‘nah cba kopite behaviour that lad’

As others have pointed out, if Liverpool lose a game FSG are being questioned. United fans revile Ed Woodward and the glazers. Kroenke can barely show his face in London. Meanwhile we still have fans who won’t hear a bad word about DBB despite the fact she’s achieved Jack since she’s been here.

We moan about Kenwirght being too sentimental but the fanbase is equally just as bad, we’ll put up with absolutely anything, 30 years without a trophy and barely a whimper….until it comes to managers where we’re quite happy to have them out after a few losses. We’re not bothered about the pathetic executive team behind them, or the crap they have to manage which have seen off 5 other managers. No, it’s all about getting one man out, and if his name is Benitez then even better.

I really hope there is a big mobilisation of fans if these turn out to be the wrong owners for Everton but based on the last 30 years I’m not sure that there’s any evidence for it occurring. Unless they bring back Benitez of course….
I guy I was having a polite disagreement with ? on twitter last night, said he’d rather have another 25yrs of kenwright. Than theese Americans. This is what we’re dealing with, a brainwashed fan base

Bobble said himself this info isn’t anywhere near his ‘circle’. He is friends with agents so I’ve assumed his source is an agent who works on behalf of Everton but yeah, on a space yesterday he said it’s above his pay grade so to speak so not something he would get info on quickly at least.
Agreed, at least bobble has got the balls to say that IMO.

Plus, he said and tweeted, he was told Moshiri was looking for investment initially and it’s turned into a potential sale, now the Athletic are running that exact story.

Maybe wrong but isn't that cost price for what they need? If they want to amend the design, shrink capacity etc they still could but still pay cost price but for less material.
As I understand it the stadium is largely being built in pre fabricated structures that they have probably already started to manufacture. I don’t see a buy out compromising the stadium and the yanks like a fancy stadium anyway.

The bigger concern here is that if this rumbles on over the summer how it could impact transfer plans.

As I understand it the stadium is largely being built in pre fabricated structures that they have probably already started to manufacture. I don’t see a buy out compromising the stadium and the yanks like a fancy stadium anyway.

The bigger concern here is that if this rumbles on over the summer how it could impact transfer plans.
I'd be very surprised if the new stadium isn't central to the motivation for wanting to buy us. It's what made City an attractive proposition.

Wonder if Frank is a tad concerned ?

Any plans out the window or at the very least on the back burmer.
I think for a manager any club now is seen as less of a long term project than the DOF who has mid and long term goals in his remit firmly, succession planning to the manager himself etc. So more Thelwell than Lampard will be anxious in my humble and often flawed opinion man.

Wonder if Frank is a tad concerned ?

Any plans out the window or at the very least on the back burner.
Interestingly, Thelwell was at Wolves throughout the Kenyon-ran takeover there - and Lampard was at Chelsea when Kenyon was Chief Exec there.

So I imagine there are lines of communication open now, and they might have some idea as to what this will mean for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.