Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually really surprised how poorly he's performed there. Honestly thought he would consolidate you lot around 11th or so, but as soon as he started spouting off with the 'we're in a relegation battle' literally before a match was even played, thought 'thats...not really instilling confidence there'.

Not sure if Moyes snr is still involved, but a big part of DM's success was down to picking up gems for little money (tim Cahill) I seem to remember his dad was an excellent scout and they bought players who hated to loose.

Don't give me nightmares. It'd be back to setting our target for the season as 40 points. I knew it would be bad for you guys when he said you'd be in a relegation fight before a ball had been kicked
Don't think that was ever our target under Moyes, especialy when we were finishing fifth more often than not.

Don't forget that Alex Ferguson also claimed that his first target every season was 40 points. Media soundbites are meaningless.

Moyes has never recovered from being found out. He was a good manager when expectations were low. He was never the right for for the United job but believed his own hype. He tried to lower expectations at Sunderland as he knew if he predicted anything better there would be pressure from day one. Unfortunately for Sunderland this just seems to have bred apathy and they never even had a chance of staying up. I think if/when he gets sacked it might be the last we are of him given his sexist comments and falling stock. Oddly if he has stayed at Everton I believe we would probably have been better off but we would now be realising we need someone else to take the next step.

@shields safc 1879

I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland. I've worked up there a few times and the people are salt of the earth. I'll be disappointed when the inevitable relegation is confirmed for this season. I fear that Sunderland will struggle to come straight back up to the Premier League. I just feel that you guys need a complete overhaul, not just of playing staff, but mentality as well.

Moyes looks like a man who couldn't care less about Sunderland. Paul Bracewell is a bit of an Everton legend for many blues, but he always has a vacant look on his face in the dugout. I think Nigel Pearson would be a good fit for your lot next season. The guy has a point to prove and he knows all about the Championship.

Not sure if Moyes snr is still involved, but a big part of DM's success was down to picking up gems for little money (tim Cahill) I seem to remember his dad was an excellent scout and they bought players who hated to loose.

We could do with a few of those now. What a great trait to look for in a player...

@shields safc 1879

I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland. I've worked up there a few times and the people are salt of the earth. I'll be disappointed when the inevitable relegation is confirmed for this season. I fear that Sunderland will struggle to come straight back up to the Premier League. I just feel that you guys need a complete overhaul, not just of playing staff, but mentality as well.

Moyes looks like a man who couldn't care less about Sunderland. Paul Bracewell is a bit of an Everton legend for many blues, but he always has a vacant look on his face in the dugout. I think Nigel Pearson would be a good fit for your lot next season. The guy has a point to prove and he knows all about the Championship.
Couldn't agree more a massive overhaul is req and if drastic action isn't taken we won't be making a quick return in my opinion .. we have relied on loan players who come and go and it's left us never able to build a solid foundation, it's been a long time coming not that it makes it any easier like! But it is what it is we just have to hope the club manages to sort its shat out .. il not hold my breath!

The only bright spot from Sunderland's season, is that Moyes has not elected to play Defoe at left back.

0f7a8531439efd649a9001a18408de3d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.