Sunderland v Everton. 12th Sept at 2000.

Do you like Moyes now?

• Yes

Votes: 112 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 190 30.2%
  • Not arsed

Votes: 327 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting it mate - teams don't finish in the top 8 ten years on the belt, play in cup finals and the champions league by putting ten men behind the ball. He might not be Guardiola but there's no way he solely "defended" his way to those league finishes with EFC. We might be a different story - for this year at least. Needs must and all that.

didn't do either of them. One cup final and a CL play-off

Obv thrilled, and 10/12 points is a good foundation ahead of my looming trip to NZ, but we should have got 5 goals at least.

We all know who scored a hat trick for our biggest EPL away win to date, so it's a record that needs breaking pronto.

Never going to get a better chance than tonight. Never seen such tripe from an opposing home side - even Villa in March gave us more of a fight!

Not getting it mate - teams don't finish in the top 8 ten years on the belt, play in cup finals and the champions league by putting ten men behind the ball. He might not be Guardiola but there's no way he solely "defended" his way to those league finishes with EFC. We might be a different story - for this year at least. Needs must and all that.
Moyes was very much of the 'you begin a game with a point - don't lose it' mindset. We won an astonishing number of games 1-0 under him.

Seriously what a brilliant club yous support

CsLzh37WEAADP6G.jpg
Hopefully our donation & the media attention it's getting will spur on/force other clubs to follow suit!
Hope the lad gets the treatment he needs ASAP!

Hopefully our donation & the media attention it's getting will spur on/force other clubs to follow suit!
Hope the lad gets the treatment he needs ASAP!
Some SAFC fan has just donated £20k so with that an the superb amount your club donated the £700k is smashed :cool: Whatever else comes in will help the family getting there and accommodation. Loads of your fans have donated too on the fundraising page tonight as well as fans of other clubs :cheers:

Wonder why Sunderland didn't stand the cash then? Surely there are lots of sick Everton fans who are crying out for that sort of donation .

Not demeaning the gesture in any way, just unsure why it wasn't Sunderland paying it.

As I understand it the figure was at £500k around match time. Not sure if that's with or without Evertons donation. There's every reason to think that Sunderland have already coughed up. Have no proof of course, but you'd think they would wouldn't you?

As I understand it the figure was at £500k around match time. Not sure if that's with or without Evertons donation. There's every reason to think that Sunderland have already coughed up. Have no proof of course, but you'd think they would wouldn't you?
Yes of course, but I guess I just feel a bit sad that there's lots of very sick Everton fans out there, and we've just donated a huge amount to one Sunderland fan. Just feels a bit jarring, is all.

On holidays in salou.watched the 1st half in the pub.kids were wrecking me head because they were bored off their bolix so had to go away at half time.checked the phone when i got back to the hotel and seen we win won 3 nil.SAKE AND GET IN THERE AT THE SAME TIME.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.