Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty much certain we're getting Del then:

Toni Freixa, a candidate to be president of Barcelona, has pointed to the imminent exit of Deulofeu as proof the current system isn’t working.

“This is a proposal revolutionary and necessary,” AS quotes Friexa as saying.

“The model of signing players for €180m every summer is one Barcelona can’t afford.”

David Vilajoana, who would head the football department at Freixa’s Barca, then spoke about Deuloefu.

“A talented player in Deulofeu is about to move to Everton and that confirms the failure of the current model,” Vilajoana said.

Troy Deeney
20 million
T W E N T Y M I L L I O N P O U N D S

mtbu.gif

Sorry to read of the plight of Barca's failing youth policy like. Must have been awful having to rely on youth products like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta this last decade.

This...

I find that story to be strange BS

theres something in this Deulofeu case that we dont know.

Sevilla loan was chatastrophy. Im absolutely sure there was somekind of powerstrugle behind the scenes. Environment was hostile to Del. Sevilla used Del...and Barca couldn't do anything to it.

*his development was halted and that can be seen as a failure from a club.

Last edited:
Sorry to read of the plight of Barca's failing youth policy like. Must have been awful having to rely on youth products like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta this last decade.

Sad day if La Masia dies on its ass. Massive reason Spain dominated World n Euro footy. Plus a damming indictment on youth policy in general.

Troy Deeney
20 million
T W E N T Y M I L L I O N P O U N D S

mtbu.gif

I agree he isnt a 20 million pound striker.

BUT

PEople talk about us signing Austin and before that Ings yet Deeney has been banging them away for a while now in the championship ala those two names. If he comes up and does the same for watford and gets into double figures then you can argue he is a half decent striker and therefore on par if not better than austin. I have never scouted the guy and i don't know show good he really is, but i do know he turned a premiership move down last summer and his goal record is fantastic for more than one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.