Summer transfer window 2023

It could have been a lot worse... I'll leave it at that.

Id have had a higher threshold for selling Cannon and prob wouldn't have mate, but in no way did i think wed bring six in and the six i think improve us and balance us - the only question is scope and is it enough.

When you add up the amount of games those who left played - compared to what those who came will play - you have to say we are better off IMO. Its really ony Gray and Iwobi that are anything beyond a sub appearance loss(even then).

Last edited:
You’re like a fat kid with a Mars bar, you sit there with the chocolate melting and oozing through your fat fingers, crying and whining because the kid next to you has a biscuit and you want that too!
so lip up fatty, you got the centre forward you’ve been crying for, you arent getting anything else until January.

Id have had a higher threshold for selling Cannon and prob wouldn't have mate, but in no way did i think wed bring six in and the six i think improve us and balance us - the only question is scope and is it enough.

When you add up the amount of games those who left played - compared to what those who came will play - you have to say we are better off IMO. Its really ony Gray and Iwobi that are anything beyond a sub appearance loss(even then).
Fully agree with this. The squad depth is now arguably too shallow, but we had so many players who were contributing nothing and earning crazy money that we’ve now arguably got a squad with more players in who can improve the first team, certainly in an attacking sense,

Fully agree with this. The squad depth is now arguably too shallow, but we had so many players who were contributing nothing and earning crazy money that we’ve now arguably got a squad with more players in who can improve the first team, certainly in an attacking sense,
Yeah, I agree with @Neiler - it would be interesting to see the actual minutes played last season of the 14 players who departed. Be willing to bet that barring major injuries the 5 who came in will surpass it. I'd have liked an extra option or two but at the same time there's no point hoarding bodies for the sake of it, when money is tight productivity is more important.

Beginning to think there is more to our wage bill then meets the eye and that the business' isn't run efficiently in terms of other wages. The board for example were one of the highest paid in the league and walked away with a Goldoni handshake of the guts of 10 mill, every year we have a 10 mill or so package for asked managers of 10 mill - that half your 40 mill wage saving right there. That to my mind isn't an isolated example of inefficiency.
3mil extra to Dyche for doing his job

Beginning to think there is more to our wage bill then meets the eye and that the business' isn't run efficiently in terms of other wages. The board for example were one of the highest paid in the league and walked away with a Goldoni handshake of the guts of 10 mill, every year we have a 10 mill or so package for asked managers of 10 mill - that half your 40 mill wage saving right there. That to my mind isn't an isolated example of inefficiency.

….do we pay-off our managers when they’re sacked? I was under the impression we just keep paying until their contracts finish. I read when Koeman was Dutch manager he was still receiving salary from us. Not sure it matters much, except for accounting purposes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were actually paying 3 managers at the same time.

….do we pay-off our managers when they’re sacked? I was under the impression we just keep paying until their contracts finish. I read when Koeman was Dutch manager he was still receiving salary from us. Not sure it matters much, except for accounting purposes.

Often in other operating expenses, there are payments for compensation for the manager and coaching staff, usually it’s in and around 10 mill.

The story goes that Koeman's lawyer made sure we had to keep paying him, even though he had a new job, so the Dutch FA paid him about £50 a week. No idea if true, but you wouldnt dismiss it would you?

The story goes that Koeman's lawyer made sure we had to keep paying him, even though he had a new job, so the Dutch FA paid him about £50 a week. No idea if true, but you wouldnt dismiss it would you?

…yep, I think that’s what I read. Nothing would surprise me with how this club has been run.

it does surprise me that supposedly world renowned billionaire businessman manages his business like he’s run Everton. Surely much of running a business is generic.