Summer transfer window 2023

The Athletic last year were reporting that our wage bill was about 160m / yr. I imagine we’d be down to 140M now which should be about 11th - 13th highest in the league.

IMG_9946.jpg

Hardly overwhelming, is it? 🤷‍♂️

Read somewhere we had dropped by 40m
Athletic said we dropped by 40m this summer but I don’t think there’s any way that’s possible. I’d love to see their working as that’s almost 800k a week and the 5 we brought in aren’t playing for nothing.

We’ve probably dropped 40m since the last accounts up to June 22 though, as lots of wages were trimmed last summer too (Gylfi, Tosun, Delph etc).

Athletic said we dropped by 40m this summer but I don’t think there’s any way that’s possible. I’d love to see their working as that’s almost 800k a week and the 5 we brought in aren’t playing for nothing.

We’ve probably dropped 40m since the last accounts up to June 22 though, as lots of wages were trimmed last summer too (Gylfi, Tosun, Delph etc).

Beginning to think there is more to our wage bill then meets the eye and that the business' isn't run efficiently in terms of other wages. The board for example were one of the highest paid in the league and walked away with a Goldoni handshake of the guts of 10 mill, every year we have a 10 mill or so package for asked managers of 10 mill - that half your 40 mill wage saving right there. That to my mind isn't an isolated example of inefficiency.