Summer transfer window 2023

Just out of interest is there a reliable website to show how much our transfer income vs our expenditure has been in the last 12 months? (Including summer 2022)

Transfer fee accuracy is generally hardwork, but they aren't always miles out on transfermarkt so I use that. This is our net spend since Moshiri arrived (in € off the website). Doesn't include things like Nkounkou sell-on fee, or Stone CL winning figure etc. of course.

Untitled.png

We are lighter in numbers in the squad but only weaker in depth/quality in the Centre Back area in that Mina and Coady probably outweigh a Branthwaite. Other than that I think we are stronger this season . We are in exactly the same position this season in terms of full back and centre mid. We are stronger on the flanks. Danjuma and Harrison outweigh an Iwobi. Up front Chermiti and Beto are a better alternative to Maupay and Cannon.

Would I rather have this squad than last seasons squad.....definitely.
Worth looking around too. Fulham, Wolves and Palace fans seem unhappy, having lost key players and not really replaced them. At least we can argue we have improved on last season albeit not as much as we should, Wolves fans couldn’t say the same.

Burnley and Forest have been so scattergun it’s impossible to say, Sheffield have made a couple of decent signings but also lost two of their best players, Luton I think are happy with their parachute payments.

The free agent list makes grim reading but I see Xeka is on it. Lad's had some terrible injuries, but I genuinely think it would be worth offering him a short-term deal.

Hasn't got much pace, but holds his position well, is tenacious and good on the ball. Was a big part of the Lille team that won the league a few seasons back.

We are absolutely mad as a club if we think this squad has enough to muddle through Xmas and AFCON, so need something.

The free agent list makes grim reading but I see Xeka is on it. Lad's had some terrible injuries, but I genuinely think it would be worth offering him a short-term deal.

Hasn't got much pace, but holds his position well, is tenacious and good on the ball. Was a big part of the Lille team that won the league a few seasons back.

We are absolutely mad as a club if we think this squad has enough to muddle through Xmas and AFCON, so need something.
Fully expecting a centre back to get a season ending injury today

Can't help but think Deli may be crucial in our season.
He's either completely washed up and lost desire to play which means his wages are hammering us...or..he will back up his claims from that interview, that he's hungry and determined to reignite his career.

If he gets back to training with the squad and shows dyche he's turned over a new leaf. Trains like a horse and forces some play time, then he may be that perfect ACM we desperately need.
Maybe the Iwobi money is being held back so half of it can pay for Dele later in the season. Let's face it, if he can recover his form it'll be money well spent.

Last edited:

Could just be Gana going to AFCON now though? Doucoure played a couple of games for Mali then seems to have packed it in.

What good is bringing in 30 odd million on deadline day only to see it not be reinvested.

None of us know the exact financial situation but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what is happening. We are selling off players and not replacing them - I.e. the owner has decided he will no longer invest in our squad.

Come next summer, we won't have enough players to fill our squad. This is a disaster waiting to happen and we simply cannot continue with an owner who is selling off the squad to fund his stadium.

Moshiri is no longer committed to Everton and therefore he should do the decent thing and sell up.
£10M for Dele later in the season

Last edited:
Summer Window

In:
Gomes (Loan Return)
Dele (Loan Return)
Branthwaite (Loan Return)
Young
Chermiti
Danjuma (Loan)
Harrison (Loan)
Beto

Out:
Mina
Coady
Townsend
Davies
Begovic
Simms
Iwobi
Gbamin
Cannon
Warrington (Loan)
Mills (Loan)
Holgate (Loan)
Maupay (Loan)

Are we stronger now than before the window?
+
Virginia (Loan return)

*Worth noting that Warrington and Gbamin were on loan last season and therefor not available to our squad so they don’t represent a change.as such

(Good work though)

I have 18 total, see above.

Plus perhaps Mills or other u23s to flesh it out a bit.

Why only quote part of a post and not the previous posts either?

I know why lol

Gray £12mil + Gomes £8mil (as stated in the media with Saudi links) = £20mil.

Net spend this window = £25.7mil approx

Total = £45mil approx.

You could just quote the posts in full next time.
1) We are not selling them 2 for £25m to Saudi

2) your “back of the fag packet” workings out is bordering on embarrassment