Summer transfer window 2023

None of us know the real money situation so there’s no point speculating over it.

If you’d said at the start of the window that Iwobi and Maupay would go and we’d buy a 30 mill striker Beto plus Chermiti and also bring in Danjuma Harrison and Young, most would probably have taken that, especially with Iwobi getting 22 mill.

We’ve been crying out for ages for Everton to bring players in before they sell them, when we actually do that in a window though no one likes it. We’ve also said we should give youth a chance, yet when we play Dobbin there’s people wanting us to spend money on another wide option.

As ever the success of the window will come down to injuries. If DCL and Beto stay fit all season and we can partner McNeil and Danjuma with them most games then we’ll look fine in the attacking areas. If those 4 Miss most of the season then suddenly Harrison Chermiti etc. don’t look like we’ve done enough.
What good is bringing in 30 odd million on deadline day only to see it not be reinvested.

None of us know the exact financial situation but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what is happening. We are selling off players and not replacing them - I.e. the owner has decided he will no longer invest in our squad.

Come next summer, we won't have enough players to fill our squad. This is a disaster waiting to happen and we simply cannot continue with an owner who is selling off the squad to fund his stadium.

Moshiri is no longer committed to Everton and therefore he should do the decent thing and sell up.

Seems Kev and Dyche have done a good job helping the 'clubs' (Moshiris) finances - but as a fan I'm looking at a bare bones PL squad that could easily land us in deep trouble with injuries.

Better up front but inadequate depth in midfield and defence.

It is what it is, support the team and change the owner and chairman hopefully.
Yep

Sorry but not even the Saudis are paying north of £40m for those two!

Net spend over the summer = £25.7mil approx.

After selling Gomes + Gray to Saudi = £45mil approx.

We have 12 outfield players under contract for next season. And the owner has stopped investing in the squad

How can anyone think this has been a good window

Just like last summer, the truth is staring us all in the face but people won't accept it.

18 players under contract next season. More if the likes of Mills take a spot.

In a 433 or 4411 formation

We have three options for the striker position and one wide option that can cover

We have five players for the wide positions (McNeil Danjuma Harrison Gray Dobbin)

In midfield we have Onana, Garner, Gueye, Docuoure, Dele (when fit)

Two full backs for each position

4 CBs

Garner and Young can fill most positions in midfield and fullback.

There’s no problem with squad depth unless injuries once again derail the season. That has been a far bigger problem at Everton than anything else recently. If you can’t get your best players on the grass often enough then you will be in trouble regardless of who you buy.

What good is bringing in 30 odd million on deadline day only to see it not be reinvested.

None of us know the exact financial situation but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what is happening. We are selling off players and not replacing them - I.e. the owner has decided he will no longer invest in our squad.

Come next summer, we won't have enough players to fill our squad. This is a disaster waiting to happen and we simply cannot continue with an owner who is selling off the squad to fund his stadium.

Moshiri is no longer committed to Everton and therefore he should do the decent thing and sell up.

How many players do you expect in a squad Tim?

Dyche likes a small squad as per his time at Burnley.

As things stand, we'll have at least 18 contracted before the transfer window officially opens next summer.

With 10 out of contract players freeing up wages that seems like an opportunity not something to whinge about.

In a 433 or 4411 formation

We have three options for the striker position and one wide option that can cover

We have five players for the wide positions (McNeil Danjuma Harrison Gray Dobbin)

In midfield we have Onana, Garner, Gueye, Docuoure, Dele (when fit)

Two full backs for each position

4 CBs

Garner and Young can fill most positions in midfield and fullback.

There’s no problem with squad depth unless injuries once again derail the season. That has been a far bigger problem at Everton than anything else recently. If you can’t get your best players on the grass often enough then you will be in trouble regardless of who you buy.

Numbers don't = quality.

Having 4 CB's for a back 4 manager is perfect. When you name two of them Keane and Godfrey it's no longer perfect.

Stats do lie, if we use him as the figurehead in all our attacks he’s going to have a higher assist number than most players, what they don’t show is how many times he gives the ball away, runs down a blind alley, passes it to the other team, sends an awful cross etc.

I’m delighted he’s out of the team and if you think stats don’t lie, ask yourself why he wasn’t as good as Mark Pembridge

View attachment 225589
That's sad.. Pembridge is one of the players I hated most.. turned my stomach seeing him on the team.

Do the decent thing and sell up…… 😂😂 He would lose half a billion.

Tim you are easily my favourite poster on this forum. Every post is such a flap, it's fantastic