Summer transfer window 2023

Isn't he extremely injury prone or I'm thinking of a different leeds attacker?
Could be. He only played 19 times last season (not sure if that's be ause of injuries). He's left sided too (they all seem to be left sided for some reason). My mate says he's a top class player though.

Looked like a pretty obvious purple patch from a player who relies on pace, McNeil had the higher ceiling.

Wasn't keen on Cornet even after that season, let alone his most recent one.
What determines a higher ceiling? Is this potential? Is this sell on price...... relatively new phrase in the last 12-18 months i see loads of people using.

Ceilings are not my favorite part of my house.... but they are definitely up there.

He was coming off the back of a far far better season than McNeil had.

Can’t see any actual links to him anyway tbh.

He was defintely more impactful then McNeill the year before mate. McNeill had a brilliant second half to last season and without him we were goosed - but he was awful in the first half of the season for us as well. That's not a binary criticism of for or against - its just a fact and he needs to find that consistency in my opinion - because hes shown full tilt hes a player.

Like you i dont think there is anything in the story. But Corent was very good for Burnley and indeed played in a CL semi i think before hitting Burnley - so he didnt come from no where in a short period if you look at his profile. He changed the game in Burnleys favour in our defeat there under Lampard, hes very impactful and can play about 5 positions. His fitness is a concern mind. The only slight thing i would think that may indicate some truth in us doing a deal is West Ham seem very over stocked in the attacking midfield dept and are about offer Lingarrd a deal.

Last edited:
What determines a higher ceiling? Is this potential? Is this sell on price...... relatively new phrase in the last 12-18 months i see loads of people using.

Ceilings are not my favorite part of my house.... but they are definitely up there.
In my ill educated opinion I would base it on age alongside technical abilities and physical attributes with a few other things such as if the look like an intelligent player, do his team mates look like they trust him, off the pitch stuff.

Looking at both those players Cornet looked like he was always in a rush or struggling to control the ball or keep possession, McNeil looked far more natural on the ball, clearly had good lungs and was young enough to keep getting better. I'm delighted we went for him out of the two.

We've been linked a few times with Luis Sinisterra at Leeds.

Speaking with a mate of mine last night (massive Leeds fan), and he was saying Sinisterra is the one player he hopes they don't sell. Rates him way higher than Gnonto.

Sporting are trying everything they can to sign Sinisterra apparently.
Quality little player but has injury issues to rival Dom.

He was defintely more impactful then McNeill the year before mate. McNeill had a brilliant second half to last season and without him we were goosed - but he was awful in the first half of the season for us as well.
That's because in the first half of the season he was being managed by an incompetent buffoon , whereas in the second half of the season he was being managed by someone who knew how to get the best out of him.