Summer transfer window 2023

I'm sure they would.. if somebody offered 200k a week towards his salary. He's nowhere near worth that though and can you imagine the unease that would create at most clubs seeing such a terrible player come in and instantly become, by far, the highest paid member of the squad?

I wouldn’t smash my wage structure for him.

Morning mates.

Welcome to the 4th of August Everton transfer show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

Everton have leapfrogged Tottenham and West Ham in the race to sign Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire, 30. (Football Insider)

Demarai Gray has missed the past three days of Everton training after agreeing terms on a move away from Goodison Park, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Sky Sports Italy journalist tweeted on 3 August that the Jamaica international only wants to join Fulham despite there being interest from other Premier League clubs and across Europe.

Everton have made contact with Southampton to discuss the transfer of winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, following a fresh update on Sean Dyche's pursuit of offensive signings for Goodison Park this summer. According to Football Insider, the Toffees are in discussion with Saints over of loan move for Sulemana following the south coast club's relegation from the Premier League this year.

Everton target Amad Diallo is set to stay at Manchester United this season after suffering a knee injury, ruling out a potential move away from the club, according to The Athletic. It is reported that tests have revealed Diallo will miss the first part of the season due to his injury, amid interest from a number of European clubs in a loan move for the winger.

Everton will be desperate to keep hold of all of their key players at Goodison Park, with journalist Rudy Galetti providing an update on the future's of Demarai Gray, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, and Jarrad Branthwaite, while speaking to GIVEMESPORT.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, he said: "About the ongoing market, Gray could leave this summer. There is a well underway deal with Fulham, despite interest from Saudi Arabia and Turkey. With Calvert-Lewin, nothing concrete in this moment.

"The player would like to stay and get back into the game after a difficult season due to injuries. Finally, many clubs admire Branthwaite.

"During his loan with PSV Eindhoven last season, he made very good performances."

Youssef Chermiti reportedly did not train with Sporting Lisbon yesterday as his move to Everton edges closer.

The Toffees are keen to bring in the striker ahead of the 2023-24 season beginning in a week's time. Manager Sean Dyche wants cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has endured successive injury-plagued campaigns. Everton have reportly targets Swansea forward Joel Piroe. The Welsh club paid around £1 million to PSV for Piroe only two years ago and he has since gone onto score a staggering 41 goals in 88 games in the Championship.

Everton are reportedly prepared to sell up to five stars in order to fund a move for a new striker, according to the Daily Mail. The newspaper reported in its print edition (page 67, 4 August) a list of the club’s needs, targets, and potential players who could leave Goodison Park this summer. Demari Gray, Neil Maupay, Mason Holgate, Andre Gomes and Jean-Philippe Gambin are the five players who could be set to play their football elsewhere next season.

Meanwhile, the list of club targets comprises exclusively forward players, with former Premier League strikers Che Adams and Kelechi Iheanacho both part of the five-man shortlist.

Discussing his move in a press conference that has been transcribed by the Liverpool Echo on their Thursday live blog, (3 August, 15:00) Issac Price said: “Everton didn’t want me to leave. They wanted me to sign a new contract but I was convinced of the idea of joining the Rouches and taking a step forward for my career.

Everton have confirmed four players have changed squad numbers ahead of the 2023-24 season. Neal Maupay has moved to number 13 so that Dele Alli can wear number 20 again. The fact that Dele has regained his favoured shirt number suggests that he potentially may be in Sean Dyche’s plans for the upcoming season.

Former Everton player Steven Pienaar has now sent an Instagram message to kitman Jimmy Martin who announced his retirement yesterday.

Indeed, it was announced on the official Everton website that the ‘wonderful person’ Martin confirmed he would retire after working for the club since the mid-1980’s, becoming the kitman in 1990

There seems to be nothing but great words and memories regarding Jimmy and I’m sure we all wish him the best for his retirement - good luck Jimmy

Also agree. Take West Ham for example. Only safe right near the end, partially because they successfully prioritised European Competition. They are playing at a higher standard of European competition next year, have lost their lynchpin player in Rice, already had quite an aging squad and seem even worse (if that is possible) in the transfer market than us, allegedly missing multiple targets or not willing to pay higher than market values with everyone knowing they have the Rice cash in the bank.

I have seen pundits saying Palace might be a dark horse - really? They have also lost their key player in Zaha, replaced by an unproven young Brazilian in Franca who was not a regular starter and quite likely to lose Olise due to his release clause. Not convinced over a whole season Hodgson maintains last year's performance let alone betters it.

Wolves seem to have real problems and seem to be willing to risk relegation to stabilise financially and I have a hunch that the Brighton bubble may burst.

Add to that the promoted sides, Burnley aside (due to having Kompany as boss), I would have thought it highly unlikely that Sheff Utd or Luton will come bursting into the league - success for them will be finishing 17th.

In my mind everyone other than the usual top teams, an improved Chelsea under Poch and Villa (who have invested well and have a good manager) are fighting it out from top-mid table to the bottom of the league.

I am not foolish enough to think that we cannot be dragged in and I don't expect it to be a season of thrills but I do think it is one of those seasons where there is as much chance of us finishing comfortably in 12th as there is going down. What happens between now and the transfer deadline for us and a number of clubs may dictate exactly where in that mix we end up.
I would take chilling in May with nothing to play for right now. Having the same manager we start the season with would be nice.

Begovic has been a cardboard cut out for past 3 years+, him leaving does not impact our squad in any way.
Coady/Mina combined we may feel the affect of.
Keeping Patterson fit, bringing in Young and even if Danjuma is semi decent, all improves our squad.
But on a whole, we aren't worse off as it stands, and any more signings will improve us, but we need at least 2 to make me feel more confident of not having the same level of anxiety/hatred as last term.

For all those plums out there this morning.. this kind of thing is first rate man management to positively affect someone’s mental health.

Agreed mate. I’d love to have him back in the team. I want him to have another chance and I hope we support the lad and give him another chance. It’s great to see.

Actually think the teams near bottom this season are weaker and that's what will save us this year...
This exactly.
Last season the league was so strong that the likes of West Ham and Leicester were struggling, both of which were comfortable top half teams the season before. It was actually a monumental effort from us to stay up considering our issues and lack of firepower.

This season we have teams like Sheffield United who have just lost their star striker and lacked quality anyway. Luton who don't seem to have any kind of budget to spend. Bournemouth who haven't really improved the quality of their team and will look to play a completely different style which could go either way but more likely to be to their detriment given that they had to be perfect last season to stay up. Burnley who could be last seasons Fulham but I personally don't think they have quite as much about them as Fulham did.

Fulham havnt seemed to improve a great deal player wise and seem to have some issues with players wanting to leave. Then you've got Forest who could suffer from second season syndrome too having only signed Elanga so far who has yet to prove he is actually good enough at premier league level.

I think the league is significantly weaker. If we can just somehow get a few more good attacking options over the line, then I don't think I would be too worried about us at all next season. Because we know we are solid defensively and just a 5-10 percent improvement in attack would make a world of difference.

This exactly.
Last season the league was so strong that the likes of West Ham and Leicester were struggling, both of which were comfortable top half teams the season before. It was actually a monumental effort from us to stay up considering our issues and lack of firepower.

This season we have teams like Sheffield United who have just lost their star striker and lacked quality anyway. Luton who don't seem to have any kind of budget to spend. Bournemouth who haven't really improved the quality of their team and will look to play a completely different style which could go either way but more likely to be to their detriment given that they had to be perfect last season to stay up. Burnley who could be last seasons Fulham but I personally don't think they have quite as much about them as Fulham did.

Fulham havnt seemed to improve a great deal player wise and seem to have some issues with players wanting to leave. Then you've got Forest who could suffer from second season syndrome too having only signed Elanga so far who has yet to prove he is actually good enough at premier league level.

I think the league is significantly weaker. If we can just somehow get a few more good attacking options over the line, then I don't think I would be too worried about us at all next season. Because we know we are solid defensively and just a 5-10 percent improvement in attack would make a world of difference.
Wolves also in trouble

Coady played loads and Mina was fit and available and actually made a huge difference when he did play so it’s not really the same as that at all. Begovic played once
I don't think youre understanding the part about the squad at all the point is if Pickford stays fit all season like he did last season then its not an issue but if he doesn't then it is it seems quite easy to understand. I don't think that Everton think Joao Virginia has got loads better and have decided he's better than Begovic now or the best option for them to have as a second goalkeeper I think theyre penny pinching and have decided to gamble on Pickford staying fit all season and saving money on getting anyone else in which will be fine IF that gamble pays off. The second goalie isn't the biggest problem we have at all but the other person was still right to say that the squad has got weaker in that area thats alls i'm saying.

This is what I don’t get.

Mina (didn’t play/permacrocked) out, Branthwaite (might play, might not) Back.
Simms out (didn’t ply), Chermitti (will play) in
Gray out (Dyche clearly doesn’t rate), Danjuma in
Begovic out (didn’t play), Virginia back.
Vinagre out (didn’t play) Young in

Gomes/Gbammin gone - not an issue
Coady gone (barely played under Dyche)
And small %age chance of Delle actually being in squad.

So we need one CB and effective squad size hasn’t changed. And of all the players gone how many minutes did they collectively get under Dyche in half a season??
Indeed. I know the usual will deny it but we have (should Chermitti actually sign) improved the squad again and look to have others coming in. Now to Dyche to get the best out of the players. Lamps totally effed up our squad last year, hoping we can get a better start next week.