Summer transfer window 2023

You could very well be right. I'm not overly interested in tactics and strategies.Im just going from those who purporte to be in the know.
"Sean Dyche wants functional players rather than high-level technical ones. His teams defend deep and look for opportunities to get the ball behind the opponent’s fullback and utilise their big strikers to shield the ball and push for throw-ins. They also press high and look to create narrow lanes to force the opposition to play the ball long, where big players can win the second ball. His teams are always very tactical and purposeful in their approach, even when playing against top-tier opponents"
If it's accurate I'm happy enough with that. However successful Man City have been I find their patient keep ball style more than a little boring.
Hi Frank.

Maybe that was because we didn't have a functional CF? The win against Arsenal was a decent start with a headed winner from a set piece. I don't pretend to have watched a lot of Burnley but most pundits suggest he favours getting the ball forwards quickly for forwards to hold up which would suggest Icheanacho might not be the ideal fit. This was an interesting read...

"Sean Dyche wants functional players rather than high-level technical ones. His teams defend deep and look for opportunities to get the ball behind the opponent’s fullback and utilise their big strikers to shield the ball and push for throw-ins. They also press high and look to create narrow lanes to force the opposition to play the ball long, where big players can win the second ball. His teams are always very tactical and purposeful in their approach, even when playing against

Have you ever watched football? Jay Rodriguez is massive. Ings isn’t exactly a lamp post but he is stocky, powerful and uses his body well. They are both exactly the prototype of forward that Sean Dyche likes, they both play back to goal very well and like a physical battle.
Yes I've watched football and I don't consider Jay Rodriguez or Ings to be massive. I'm thinking Drogba, Lukaku types as massive. But all about opinions.