Summer transfer window 2023

Bit of a steal, in my opinion mate.
Yeah, 10m or so for a guy just hitting his peak would be shrewd business. Probably more potential long term upside in younger investments but we know our goals for the season and we need players who can hit the ground running.

Got to strike the balance between right now and the future, you look at Southampton and Leeds and there was bags of potential in those squads but potential didn’t get them the results they needed to survive. Got to strike a balance and if we can combine instant impact guys like Danjuma and Iheanacho with hopefully a couple of younger high ceiling players we’ll have done that.

Dwight McNeil is not a good fit for the LW position at Everton FC. His success rate when it comes to dribbling, crossing, and shooting is significantly lower than the average in the Premier League. His success rate for dribbling is only 40%, compared to the average of 54%. His success rate for crossing is only 19%, compared to the average of 24%. His success rate for shooting is only 45%, compared to the average of 56%. He also lacks the speed needed to be successful in the LW position.

In comparison, Danjuma and Gnonto are better fits for the LW position. Danjuma has a success rate of 46% for dribbling, 22% for crossing, and 48% for shooting. Gnonto has a success rate of 52% for dribbling, 27% for crossing, and 51% for shooting. Both players have higher success rates than McNeil in all three categories and have the speed needed to succeed in the LW position.

McNeil may be more suited to a different position. He could potentially flourish in a central midfield role due to his passing accuracy, which is currently at 81%. This is significantly higher than the Premier League average of 70%. His vision and ability to pick out passes make him a great candidate for that position.

Stop watching spreadsheets… I thought he was a terrible signing atvthe start of the season… but since dyche has come on he has played well and is one of the few people that do not need to be replaced this summer

He is a good player no doubt...I am just wondering if he can play as the number 9 on his own up top...every time I have seen him (which is not often at all) he seems to play better alongside another striker. Clearly dyche will play the 451 system...let's hope he can be efficient in that system
Traditionally Dyche has played 442 with a main striker and a support striker dropping off. I think the 451 was more necessity because we were all midfielders and no strikers. Iheanacho could probably play either forward role there if that’s the way Dyche goes.

when Leicester went down he was the player I thought we should target. Different than Dom, gives us a plan b and only cares about scoring goals. We need to have another option, the amount of times we didn’t have a striker in the 6 and a cross come in. I hope this one is true

Traditionally Dyche has played 442 with a main striker and a support striker dropping off. I think the 451 was more necessity because we were all midfielders and no strikers. Iheanacho could probably play either forward role there if that’s the way Dyche goes.
With our defense and midfield, I just don't see us playing 2 up front. He tried it a few times last season before quickly reverting back to 5 in midfield.

Think he's a really good player, but not good enough to consider for a permanent transfer given what Chelsea would want. On loan maybe.

Would like to see us test the water for Adam Wharton, personally. Blackburn's financial position may mean a deal could be struck.
or our financial position means it won’t?