Summer transfer window 2023

It’s a glass ceiling and you know it is. ‘Please can we have fifth place now please rather than ever being a serious club ever again’. They might have a few seasons in Europe, so what, wasn’t that long ago we were there under Martinez and again under Koeman and many times before that under Moyes.

What are they doing that Moyes didn’t manage? They’ve had one European qualification. Moyes did that without touting the club out across Europe as a training academy for the rich as well.

Just because Everton screwed up our first chance under Moshiri of breaking into the elite with billionaire investment doesn’t mean we should remodel ourselves as Brighton just so we can get some favourable media, a pleasing net spend, and a few 6th places.

Everton should be aiming to be the best club in the country, fans like you might laugh at it and revel in our current demise but we are not and never will be an intentional feeder club for top teams on an annual basis. That’s what Brighton are and every team in Europe knows it. Whichever star might perform for them in Europe next season is gone the window after, so is De Zerbi if he backs up last season. Every person connected to the club knows that and all their fans watching do as well.

You’ve typed loads and loads of words there that don’t offer any sort of alternative model or solution, it just basically says “I want us to be the best”. It doesn’t work like that, you can’t just say “we want to be the best” and get to call it a strategy. It might make you feel like the best bloo in the whole wide world but it simply isn’t rooted in any realism whatsoever.

How do you suggest we operate in order to improve rather that continue to get worse every year? Please offer a realistic solution.

He needs to step up this season and justify the enormous price tags people have been placing on him in here. He’s not a youngster settling into the league anymore, he’s a £35m first team midfielder and I want to see him impacting games.
If we sold him for 50-60m and we was given all the money to improve the squad then its a no brainer.

3 or 4 new players improves us more than an improving Onana if the right signings are made.

There is a film called “ Yesterday “ whereby a guy gets knocked down by a bus and when he wakes he is one of only a handful of people who ever heard of the Beatles . What I wouldn’t do if we could turn clock back and something like a flash of lightning hit Moshiri and when he came around he’d never have heard of Everton football club

There is a film called “ Yesterday “ whereby a guy gets knocked down by a bus and when he wakes he is one of only a handful of people who ever heard of the Beatles . What I wouldn’t do if we could turn clock back and something like a flash of lightning hit Moshiri and when he came around he’d never have heard of Everton football club

Another movie which refers to LFC and Salad, with us totally none existent.

25 day's until the new season begins.

As of today, we have made no significant signings.

Are we going down to the last game of the season again?
If things stay as they are, I would probably say we will be lucky to get to the last game of the season. We are 1-2 key injuries away from disaster. Plus we lose 3 key midfielders for the afcon in January. Yeah if dyche can keep his current points per game we will be fine, however it’s a new season, new teams, new players and new mangers can change that.

You’ve typed loads and loads of words there that don’t offer any sort of alternative model or solution, it just basically says “I want us to be the best”. It doesn’t work like that, you can’t just say “we want to be the best” and get to call it a strategy. It might make you feel like the best bloo in the whole wide world but it simply isn’t rooted in any realism whatsoever.

How do you suggest we operate in order to improve rather that continue to get worse every year? Please offer a realistic solution.

that’s not what I’ve said though is it. I’ve said we operate an entirely different model than Brighton. They’re currently executing theirs extremely well but it won’t take them to the top it can’t. I don’t know what the strategy has been under Moshiri at Everton but that doesn’t mean we should follow the Brighton one just because it’s working for them. We are fundamentally different clubs in every aspect, there is no expectation for success at Brighton, if De Zerbi goes and they drop back into mid table or battling relegation their fans aren’t going to start protesting. Even if they got relegated they’d say they had a good time in the prem etc. The expectations at Everton are completely different regardless of Moshiri’s failure to live up to them.

The blueprint for success at Everton is basically the one Moyes almost carried out. We back a good manager to build a team and a culture that establishes us as a continuous qualifier for Europe. Moyes got a bit unlucky at key points with injuries, finances, and the timing of certain players coming through, but we were a lot closer to winning things in that period than most of the revolving door clubs have been since.

I don’t see how we do this with Brighton’s model and to be honest as soon as De Zerbi walks out the door at Brighton (which will be soon) I see it as far more likely they just fall back into the pack than establish themselves in the European elite.