Summer transfer window 2023

I'd be surprised if that was true. What journalist is giving their info for someone else to share? Obtaining info and being the first to publish it is how they build their credibility.

More likely is the journalists and Bobble have the same source(s) in and around the club.
Does get some info but does not have everything was like the onana story. He will have some news but not everything .

They get info which is fine,the fact they charge for a podcast for this info is what is a little off, also they were dragged kicking and screaming into calling this board out by signing the open letter with other fan groups once they knew which way the wind was blowing , disingenuous to say the least
Fair enough. But I feel like people push that agenda on those of us who comment on their info. I'm only talking about the validity of their info if I post it in here, and it's generally good.

Clever gambling on players from not so regarded but competitive leagues is what are only sensible option essentially we need to be Brighton like from now on.

Our scouts just don't have that kind of nouse though unfortunately.

We should have bought Milner Welbeck Lallana Gilmour Maupay and Aaron Mooy?

They’ve had some very good buys recently but when you look at all their transfers there’s a lot of dross in there that hasn’t made it. That’s not to excuse our poor recruitment before the usual suspects start screeching about it.

Regardless I’m not sure why people always wish to make the comparison with Brighton. If we operated like they did there’d be absolute uproar in the fanbase. Our fans can’t stand it if we sell anyone. Brighton sell their best players every single season and every player there knows it as well. The careers that the likes of Baines Coleman Jagielka Cahill Richarlison Pickford etc. have had with us wouldn’t have happened at Brighton. The second a player puts their head above the parapet they’re gone or will be arranged to be sold the summer after.

Mitoma and Caicedo won’t be at Brighton at the start of next season. Good chance Ferguson and Enciso won’t be either. They might go out and find other players great but ultimately they’ll never ever be a top outfit as they’re just a revolving door stepping stone for players.

Everton might not be remotely close to competing at the top again but the day we just accept that we exist purely as an academy for the top clubs is the day we may as well just pack it all in.

They’ve had some very good buys recently but when you look at all their transfers there’s a lot of dross in there that hasn’t made it. That’s not to excuse our poor recruitment before the usual suspects start screeching about it.

Regardless I’m not sure why people always wish to make the comparison with Brighton. If we operated like they did there’d be absolute uproar in the fanbase. Our fans can’t stand it if we sell anyone. Brighton sell their best players every single season and every player there knows it as well. The careers that the likes of Baines Coleman Jagielka Cahill Richarlison Pickford etc. have had with us wouldn’t have happened at Brighton. The second a player puts their head above the parapet they’re gone or will be arranged to be sold the summer after.

Mitoma and Caicedo won’t be at Brighton at the start of next season. Good chance Ferguson and Enciso won’t be either. They might go out and find other players great but ultimately they’ll never ever be a top outfit as they’re just a revolving door stepping stone for players.

Everton might not be remotely close to competing at the top again but the day we just accept that we exist purely as an academy for the top clubs is the day we may as well just pack it all in.

What the hell is this list? One of them we actually did sign and he’s last, one of them they bought about 5 years ago and played for them for about 6 months one of them is still a fairly highly rated young prospect. The others were all free transfers. They’re a better run club than us and the on field evidence will once again bear that out next season. I know you have great difficulty accepting this but it is what it is.

Brighton had their best season ever last season. Moyes esq level. We had our worst for decades.

Everton and Brighton should never be in the same conversation.

Brighton had their best season ever last season. Moyes esq level. We had our worst for decades.

If Brighton had finished 17th last season they would’ve also sacked their manager. If they’re in and around us this season come December they’ll be sacking this manager. Their standards are now above ours. Instead of wailing about injustices some of our fans should probably look inward at our own club and their pathetic excuse for “standards” that they’ve set that have led us to this position.

It feels like everything Everton have failed at in the last 5 years or so, Brighton have succeeded at (at least since Potter took charge) solid scouting network, signing players who improve the team instantly for cheap, then selling them for huge profit, clear continuity plans from manager to manager so when someone comes in with a different style they don’t have to uproot half the squad etc. I honestly think half of people who play football manager could’ve made a more coherent transfer strategy than our board has.

Much worse, as with the sale of Simms, Maupay has moved up the pecking order as striker ( as it stands )

I don’t think any Evertonian would put Maupay above a baguette 🥖 in the striker pecking order. However I’d say Simms wasn’t fancied by Dyche and was actually LOWER than the French fraud. At least with Cannon there is a hope he is actually preferred lol

If Brighton had finished 17th last season they would’ve also sacked their manager. If they’re in and around us this season come December they’ll be sacking this manager. Their standards are now above ours. Instead of wailing about injustices some of our fans should probably look inward at our own club and their pathetic excuse for “standards” that they’ve set that have led us to this position.
Brighton are getting relegated next season and everyone will look silly especially that chump of a manager, Mark my words

Can we afford ferguson off them some player imo