Summer transfer window 2023

If Brighton had finished 17th last season they would’ve also sacked their manager. If they’re in and around us this season come December they’ll be sacking this manager. Their standards are now above ours. Instead of wailing about injustices some of our fans should probably look inward at our own club and their pathetic excuse for “standards” that they’ve set that have led us to this position.

Re read my post from a different perspective mate. Everton and Brighton should NEVER be in the same conversation. But down to us, they are.

I think we are in massive trouble this season....

3 weeks and 5 tills until we kick off against Fulham, even if we made an offer on a player we wouldn`t get it over the line in that time!

As it stands Michael Keane is number 1 partner to Tarkowsi and Maupay will play most of the season again whilst DCL is injured.

I`m sure this board is trying their hardest to send us down, you would say Moshiri deserves that and to lose much more money with the complete incompetence he has shown.

Scraped by the last 2 seasons, we won`t be so lucky this season if significant signings don`t come in, which they won`t. This club is finished...

No and unless he’s thicker than a whale omelette he wouldn’t ever contemplate leaving them for us.

Some of our fans actually think young players want to join us because they grew up idolising Dixie and Bally. We have been an absolute irrelevance for as long as Evan Ferguson has been alive, even his dad probably can’t remember our success.

What the hell is this list? One of them we actually did sign and he’s last, one of them they bought about 5 years ago and played for them for about 6 months one of them is still a fairly highly rated young prospect. The others were all free transfers. They’re a better run club than us and the on field evidence will once again bear that out next season. I know you have great difficulty accepting this but it is what it is.

It’s a list which shows the futility of binary statements on here, Every club has good and bad signings, just because Everton have made some bad ones in recent seasons doesn’t mean that Brighton’s recruitment is perfect. Yes it’s been good recently but as I’ve pointed out I don’t see why they’re held up as a comparison when we operate completely different models and every player knows it.

If you’re a young player across Europe you can join Brighton, take a low wage, perfectly safe int he knowledge that if you have a half decent season they’ll sell you on for a decent fee at the first opportunity to the club you want to go to.

Players see the likes of Lukaku Gueye Digne Richarlison Calvert Lewin at Everton, we held onto them and tried to build teams around them, stopped them leaving when they wanted to at times and sold them when it suited the club. Some young players in Europe won’t want to give Everton 4 or 5 seasons, some might, that’s just the reality but regardless of recent league tables or what you think will happen this season we’re not operating the same model as Brighton and I doubt many Everton fans would want us to be a revolving door academy for the top clubs.

Still doesn’t stop you getting an absolute raging hard on any time Brighton are mentioned by anyone does it.

It’s a list which shows the futility of binary statements on here, Every club has good and bad signings, just because Everton have made some bad ones in recent seasons doesn’t mean that Brighton’s recruitment is perfect. Yes it’s been good recently but as I’ve pointed out I don’t see why they’re held up as a comparison when we operate completely different models and every player knows it.

If you’re a young player across Europe you can join Brighton, take a low wage, perfectly safe int he knowledge that if you have a half decent season they’ll sell you on for a decent fee at the first opportunity to the club you want to go to.

Players see the likes of Lukaku Gueye Digne Richarlison Calvert Lewin at Everton, we held onto them and tried to build teams around them, stopped them leaving when they wanted to at times and sold them when it suited the club. Some young players in Europe won’t want to give Everton 4 or 5 seasons, some might, that’s just the reality but regardless of recent league tables or what you think will happen this season we’re not operating the same model as Brighton and I doubt many Everton fans would want us to be a revolving door academy for the top clubs.

Still doesn’t stop you getting an absolute raging hard on any time Brighton are mentioned by anyone does it.

I bet 100% of fans outside of you would accept being a revolving door academy for the top clubs if it meant us actually getting better.

What’s your suggestion, continue with our current model, whatever that is?

Yes, Onana didn’t have a great season. I can barely remember one game he was Man of the Match in.

He needs to step up this season and justify the enormous price tags people have been placing on him in here. He’s not a youngster settling into the league anymore, he’s a £35m first team midfielder and I want to see him impacting games.

I bet 100% of fans outside of you would accept being a revolving door academy for the top clubs if it meant us actually getting better.

What’s your suggestion, continue with our current model, whatever that is?

It’s a glass ceiling and you know it is. ‘Please can we have fifth place now please rather than ever being a serious club ever again’. They might have a few seasons in Europe, so what, wasn’t that long ago we were there under Martinez and again under Koeman and many times before that under Moyes.

What are they doing that Moyes didn’t manage? They’ve had one European qualification. Moyes did that without touting the club out across Europe as a training academy for the rich as well.

Just because Everton screwed up our first chance under Moshiri of breaking into the elite with billionaire investment doesn’t mean we should remodel ourselves as Brighton just so we can get some favourable media, a pleasing net spend, and a few 6th places.

Everton should be aiming to be the best club in the country, fans like you might laugh at it and revel in our current demise but we are not and never will be an intentional feeder club for top teams on an annual basis. That’s what Brighton are and every team in Europe knows it. Whichever star might perform for them in Europe next season is gone the window after, so is De Zerbi if he backs up last season. Every person connected to the club knows that and all their fans watching do as well.