Summer transfer window 2023

….all looks a bit slow motion to me but knows where the goal is.

Yeah looks a bit slow but some really fantastic finishes in there, very two footed as well which is always nice to see. Would need others doing the hard yards for him that’s for sure.

Interesting thing to note is that Gyokeres took a year to get going in the Championship, scoring just 3 in 30 for Swansea and Coventry. Piroe meanwhile got 22 goals in his debut season at a not too dissimilar age…

Yeah looks a bit slow but some really fantastic finishes in there, very two footed as well which is always nice to see. Would need others doing the hard yards for him that’s for sure.

Interesting thing to note is that Gyokeres took a year to get going in the Championship, scoring just 3 in 30 for Swansea and Coventry. Piroe meanwhile got 22 goals in his debut season at a not too dissimilar age…
How very Jelavic he looks.

Slotter.

I’m going early I know, …but there will not be a worse shout than McBurnie all summer. I wouldn’t have him if Sheffield Utd paid us £10m to take him.
We are going to pay tens of millions for Mateta mate. Who is not any better than likes of McBurnie or Josh Maja who we can have for free to just make up the numbers.

We never learn to make financially sensible decisions...

I am ok with likes of these as backups if we bring them in cheap. Our depth is just so poor and we likely do not have money to bring in expensive players for cash. But signing players like Maupay or Mateta for actual real cash got us into this situation...

If there are any avid watchers of the Championship on here, is Joel Piroe any good? 23 year old Dutch striker at Swansea who has scored 44 goals for them across two seasons. You don't see his name get linked as much as Gyokeres, who has a very similar goal scoring record across the same period.

Gyokeres appears to be getting strongly linked with Brentford and Wolves, so perhaps that ship is sailing if we do/did hold any interest.
I would rather have Gyökeres by some distance. Piroe is decent at that level, but in my opinion, has certain things lacking to be of use in the PL. Gyökeres carries the ball brilliantly, is an intelligent passer and is strong, aside from the fact he scores. Gyökeres has two things he needs to improve on imo, heading (not great for a big lad) and a higher chance conversion. But these are 2 things he can work on and he is still at an age to improve.

It's all about opinions and taking a risk with an unproven player for either. But my opinion veers strongly toward Viktor Gyökeres.

…I like Gyokeres but I’m not convinced about him stepping up. He’s competitive but I doubt he’d get most PL CBs out of their comfort zone.
Have a feeling he'd be alright shielding the ball and laying it off. Strong unit. Sometimes looks a bit cumbersome and I don't think he'd get away with some of the turns he tries in the Premier league.

Everton and Marseille will battle it out for FC Midtjylland’s Emiliano Martinez, according to reports in Uruguay.

The 23-year-old defensive midfielder has impressed in Denmark this season, where he made his switch permanent after an initial loan deal was signed in the summer of 2022.

According to Uruguayan journalist Rodri Vazquez, Marseille and Everton are interested, with the report later claiming the Blues have made a "firm offer" for the player.

Need six or seven new first team players really.
Can't go into next season with the bulk of the same side that nearly relegated us twice. Don't mind a couple of them staying as squad members, but they have shown they are simply not good enough.

Trouble is I don’t think our scouting team have passports or access to the internet and don’t leave the Uk.
Brighton scouting team: finding diamonds in the third division of the Paraguay league for pennies.
Everton scouting team*: "let's give Southampton and Leeds a call to see who is available for under 15 mil".

(*and by "team" it's probably just three blokes in an office using the Football Manager 2021 database)

Everton and Marseille will battle it out for FC Midtjylland’s Emiliano Martinez, according to reports in Uruguay.

The 23-year-old defensive midfielder has impressed in Denmark this season, where he made his switch permanent after an initial loan deal was signed in the summer of 2022.

According to Uruguayan journalist Rodri Vazquez, Marseille and Everton are interested, with the report later claiming the Blues have made a "firm offer" for the player.

…..been linked with a couple of these ‘Quarterback’ type midfielders. Could be something in it.

I'm in