Summer transfer window 2023

If there are any avid watchers of the Championship on here, is Joel Piroe any good? 23 year old Dutch striker at Swansea who has scored 44 goals for them across two seasons. You don't see his name get linked as much as Gyokeres, who has a very similar goal scoring record across the same period.

Gyokeres appears to be getting strongly linked with Brentford and Wolves, so perhaps that ship is sailing if we do/did hold any interest.

If there are any avid watchers of the Championship on here, is Joel Piroe any good? 23 year old Dutch striker at Swansea who has scored 44 goals for them across two seasons. You don't see his name get linked as much as Gyokeres, who has a very similar goal scoring record across the same period.

Gyokeres appears to be getting strongly linked with Brentford and Wolves, so perhaps that ship is sailing if we do/did hold any interest.

….all looks a bit slow motion to me but knows where the goal is.

What is niggling me right now is the idea that this MSP/Others thing rumbles on, Moshiri / club spends nothing so the books look more attractive for negotiation and then they back out last minute to leave us with a deadline day Kenwright special again. Manage/Dyche gets the blame again and we have Big Sam in Jan.

I got all of that catastrophising from us not signing Coady and letting Mina go - and they fact we didn't manage to spend a penny in January.

Could it be that we actually have zero cashflow right now ?
Definitely.

If there are ongoing negotiations about any change of ownership or substantial investment there will be an internal embargo on actually signing players.

Doesn't mean we're not in discussion with clubs, agents, players - but if the MSP buy-in does go ahead it sounds like there will be a board change and as a result maybe even a new footballing/scouting/transfer strategy implemented (imagine that). It's therefore likely nothing will actually happen with regard to transfers until we know who is in the big chair and what their plans are.

Oh that's the one thing I'm not worried about. He's similar to Toney in that sense. Or Dom.

….for me, those two have more physicality than Gyokeres. I don’t doubt he’s a trier but I doubt he’d worry many in the top level. He’s not particularly pacey either.

I’m sure the monies can be better spent elsewhere in the global market.

….for me, those two have more physicality than Gyokeres. I don’t doubt he’s a trier but I doubt he’d worry many in the top level. He’s not particularly pacey either.

I’m sure the monies can be better spent elsewhere in the global market.

Sure you've watched the right player? He's tall, quick, super strong and runs channels endlessly. Absolutely everything modern CB's hate.

Linked with Mateta on loan, didn’t we try in January
Bit of an enigma but I’m convinced there’s a brilliant striker in there somewhere. For the most part his first touch is poor and he’s crap in the air but now again he’ll do something of real quality, bit of a cult hero type really. Maybe he just needs to find a home to get the best out of him more regularly, when Jordan Ayew is starting in front of you at centre forward your time at the club is probably up.