Summer transfer window 2023

Issue I have with the pursuit of Gnoto is that he has allegedly refused to train and travel with the team etc . I appreciate that he is a good player and his ceiling is high but are we looking at a similar situation in 2/3 years when he wants to move from us ?
If we’re getting 5x our money like Leeds are then believe me he won’t have to strike to get a move.

Not if they are receiving good sums for their players, we are absolutely desperate for players, and don't have a pit to pee in and they can then come for the players we have been courting all summer. Very different situation.
Them losing their good players is definitely a good thing but then replacing them with players we want is a made up scenario. So is them needing the money from the sales to do it so it’s just doom mongering for no reason at all what you’re talking about isn’t even being rumoured it’s a total hypothetical and that’s ignoring that you’ve said all summer the players we want are crap and nobody else would want them anyway now suddenly they’re going to be in demand when it suits the doomsday scenario.

and leaving it as late as possible to save on wages too perhaps?
Definitely. There was a risk in not doing it sooner but say 6 weeks extra wages is no joke. Plus there’s a much greater risk of setbacks when you sign a guy 10 weeks from fitness rather than 4. But imo Harrison would’ve definitely been a main summer target all along, it didn’t come about on a whim Sunday morning or when McNeil got a knock.

It really is scandalous how we haven't signed a striker who's ready to go straight in to the team . What's worrying is we're obviously going for Gnonto who I think is a very good player but there's no news on a striker . We're going to end up with some one crap like Adams . I'll be glad when the window closes . Then we can worry about who's signing in January 🙄