Summer transfer window 2023

Updated transfer rumours...

Beto from Udinese linked by Sky £30mil.

El Bilal Toure fee rumoured to be £35mil per the daily mail.

Maupay linked to Salernitana again £15mil per the Daily mail.

Shea Charles from City linked.

This bit is absolutely spot on. Silva was forced to play him half fit, because our board and DOF left him short, and Morgan Schneiderlin got a brain dead red card against Palace.
Yeah. To be fair none of this is Gbamin’s fault and I feel sorry for him. If he had survived the first injury there were signs of a guy that could play. But if you are always playing catch-up with injuries you are never going to reach your potential. That goes for Dom, Patterson, Gbamin and all of the perpetually injured players.

Did the injuries ruin Gbamin or was he just another poor piece of recruitment ultimately?

Even when fit we had a few managers who never considered him a realistic option, even when we were massively short.

Also seems like he hasn't really planted any big flags out on loan - laterally in Turkey i think hes been in and out of the team.

I will miss him next season - tidy box to box type player, but here people will say he goes missing for games and will dislike him. Also he's not really a physical type to the extent the PL demands it, I guess.

For the same missing him reasons I hope they get an extension of the loan to Schalke lol
Whisper is quietly but he reminds me a bit of Schneiderlen - or am I completely wrong with that?
Hopefully we’d get the version from his 1st season with us and not the one that followed

Did the injuries ruin Gbamin or was he just another poor piece of recruitment ultimately?

Even when fit we had a few managers who never considered him a realistic option, even when we were massively short.

Also seems like he hasn't really planted any big flags out on loan - laterally in Turkey i think hes been in and out of the team.

Not every player comes back the same after multiple big injuries.

I never understand that point mate - do goals count less when they arent from open play. Also that nine is in a worse Southampton side,, then even us - 10 the year before. You know we're early in the transfer window when we are turning our noses up at that from midfield.

I wasn't even talking about his two goals, he hit numerous defence splitting passes that took our two lines out of it.

I think you are fairly safe mate, i dont think we will spending close to 40 mill on one player, also think he will have more appealing options then us to be honest and realistic.

They don't count are more or less no, but IF we don't get several pens/dangerous free kicks then he doesn't pad his stats.

For what it's worth, I don't think any team will spend that much on him, because he's not that good, and that's why he's still at saints.

I think someone will take a punt on him this season now they are down, and he could end up being half decent in a better team as you say, but he's not for me at the price they would want.

Especially since in Germany his game was all about pace and power.
I remember he looked pretty green but boy was he a step ahead of the other guys athletically. It makes me happy we have Garner and Onana now both look very solid in that department as well. We need that in that midfield

They don't count are more or less no, but IF we don't get several pens/dangerous free kicks then he doesn't pad his stats.

For what it's worth, I don't think any team will spend that much on him, because he's not that good, and that's why he's still at saints.

I think someone will take a punt on him this season now they are down, and he could end up being half decent in a better team as you say, but he's not for me at the price they would want.

His stats are really consistent though mate so seem less dependent on variance like decisions awarded- i actually didnt look and see what % of goals are set pieces - do you know?

I see him going for about 40 mill tbh - its the going rate for his profile. Teams will want him for sure and you are buying double digits or close to it coming from central midfield - probably more given he will be moving to a better team with better players.