Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we get the best in the business, this director of football lark will always end in tears.

It’s a shame because a real man of action would not panic when times get hard and secure quality.

Typical Everton to go cap in hand to United, to buy their unwanted players that are on the proverbial scrap heap.

You do realise that we are not after a starting CB from Manure but a back up. We couldn't get our 1st choice in Zouma but maybe he will be available in January or next Summer. This is the actual time for a stop gap for cover only. We have 2 adequate CBs currently so unless a serious injury occurs the loanie stop gap will not play that much.

People talking about this being a ‘very good’ window as things stand. It’s a ‘stand still’ window at the minute. We haven’t improved sufficiently to move up the league. Delusional if you think we have.

Will end up with Iwobi for £40m and Rojo on loan?

People talking about this being a ‘very good’ window as things stand. It’s a ‘stand still’ window at the minute. We haven’t improved sufficiently to move up the league. Delusional if you think we have.

We’ve improved overall, we’re 2/3 positions short of improving league wise I agree. But I think we’ve made progress, just not at the speed we’d all like.

Its a three year job of work for me though, starting in the summer 18, the squad was that bad, id rather not load up on bang average today if it means getting quality in the next couple of windows. I.e. Rojo.

You do realise that we are not after a starting CB from Manure but a back up. We couldn't get our 1st choice in Zouma but maybe he will be available in January or next Summer. This is the actual time for a stop gap for cover only. We have 2 adequate CBs currently so unless a serious injury occurs the loanie stop gap will not play that much.

Why not just sign a player that is good enough to be starting quality, from abroad.

Instead of leaving it to the last second. Just an idea

I agree and disagree. Losing Gana hurts but it really was inevitable and selling him was the right thing to do.

Gbamin is probably a weaker replacement, at least in the short term. We'll see.

But Delph in as well as Gomes definitely strengthens our midfield depth overall. Sidibe gives us coverage at right back given how shaky Coleman was last year. Kean is an obvious massive boon to our chances up top.

I think overall it's a good foundation we've got for ourselves. We need two or three more in - a winger/inside forward for depth, a centre half and possibly another 'box-to-box' type midfielder or even a more experienced striker on loan. If we do that, it's a very good window. If we don't, it's still not a terrible one.

Its a three year job of work for me though, starting in the summer 18, the squad was that bad, id rather not load up on bang average today if it means getting quality in the next couple of windows. I.e. Rojo.

Gibson and Holgate would be relegation material. We need experienced cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.