Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havnt got a clue mate, I only watch Everton.

But having watched everton last year and knowing Zouma probably wasnt going to stay I would have had a list of some of the best in Europe (especially leaders) and spent a huge bulk of our transfer kitty on 2. So far with a few hours remaining we havnt bought 1. Utterly bizzare but apparantly im a kopite for thinking this is a huge ball up and Brands isnt some sort of legend.

Centre backs you mean? We've left it late to get one in, lets see what today brings. I think Mina will be a mainstay this season.

Oi oi Gaz has got a sozzy buttie lol those BBC live text journos eh. What ARE they like??? lol

EA63D778-7321-4B5B-96EC-54D0FC014E24.png

I said the same after the last 2 windows and after silva was oppointed.

I was told I was a kopite for thinking our signing policy was awful and that Silva was a ridiculous gamble.

Yet to be proved wrong. But it seems to be an evertonian these days is to blindly believe we have great players and a great manager.

When I was younger our fans were alot more open minded, they knew if managers were bluffers and deffo knew good players from bang average/poor ones.

Again I ask, someone please tell me the 2 `quality' (meaning top 6 class) players we have in each position?
Tbf you do sound a bit like a kopite. You can't just take 22 top 6 class players. It takes time, its going to take a few window. These new players will take time to gel. But we are headed in the right direction arent we?

Don’t understand all the bed wetting on here.
Look at Brands/Silva first window (Richarlison, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Zouma).
Every one turned out to be brilliant signing (Mina apart, due to injuries, but could still come good).
Compare that to Walsh/Koeman windows. Gana apart, utter disaster. Literally throwing money on a fire & putting the club on a downward trajectory.

We saw at the end of last season that we’re going in the right direction.
We’ve had a fantastic window, securing Gomes, signing an Italian international wonderkid. Hopefully this Gbamin & the RB will be good signings.
I’m more than happy.

If we can’t land the right CB, I’d rather go to January with Keane, Mina, Holgate & this Gbamin standing in (+ Feeney etc.) rather than throw money at dross, Koeman style.

Having spent hundereds of millions the last few years why arn't we in the market 'for the top top defensive midfielders in Europe' if are stated aim is to challenge the top 4?

Because we haven't achieved that aim. The previous director of football was a complete failure and we are not just focussing on rebuilding but on clearing a squad that nobody in their right mind would buy.

Things are moving in the right direction. With signings like Andre gomes, Moise kean and Lucas digne in the past few years.

Tbf you do sound a bit like a kopite. You can't just take 22 top 6 class players. It takes time, its going to take a few window. These new players will take time to gel. But we are headed in the right direction arent we?
Only City have that quantity of high quality of players. It's why they can have terrible injury problems - If any other top 6 team had lost their equivalent of De Bruyne, they'd have been sunk last year. You just need 11 to get a puncher's chance, and then you start working on the rest. This I believe we are trying to do as much as possible since the Silva/ Brands era started.

I said the same after the last 2 windows and after silva was oppointed.

I was told I was a kopite for thinking our signing policy was awful and that Silva was a ridiculous gamble.

Yet to be proved wrong. But it seems to be an evertonian these days is to blindly believe we have great players and a great manager.

When I was younger our fans were alot more open minded, they knew if managers were bluffers and deffo knew good players from bang average/poor ones.

Again I ask, someone please tell me the 2 `quality' (meaning top 6 class) players we have in each position?

It's the poor sod Sky have standing outside Melwood all day with nothing to do that I feel for.

Status
Not open for further replies.