Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agreed with you until I saw the stats. He scored 12 goals over the last 2 seasons and similar amounts in assists. Stats can be misleading, but as a primarily defensive player, they are a useful return.

...interesting, thanks for that. It suggests to me that his athleticism and running power gets him into great positions. From what i’ve seen he doesn’t exploit those situations, but as you say he’s still managed a reasonable return. Likely to score more than the likes of Bernard.

That’s encouraging.

I suspect we are going to have to offer what Palace want. They may be keen to do a deal but want to leave it late after the registration of noon Friday. Plus, they will need to get a replacement - Have they been linked to any wingers?

...yep, I have a view that Doucoure is a terrific athlete. He’s one of those I say ‘makes the pitch look small’ because he covers the ground quickly. Like, Gbamin I think he’s what we need. I also think Doucoure lacks quality in possession, good without the ball but not so good with it.

I really like Doucoure mate, and is one of the few I've seen who can play deep and break play up, cover the pitch as as 8 but he also moves with the ball well. I think he has it all to be honest. When I've seen I've seen him in possession he looks ok to me too.

As you say, if we can add another physical player we have a very imposing midfield, Gbamin looks a powerful lad and Gomes can cover the pitch too. You wouldn't relish playing our midfield. Thats before you look at the lad Mina behind them, and any of Kean, DCL/Richarlinson ahead of them.

German press said €18m potentially rising to €25m. This is where the £16m comes from I think.

I suspect it will be higher up front than that. I saw a link which was 22.5 up front with some add ons. Depends who you want to listen to really, my motto is whatever Sky Sports doesn't say!

A good shout for the left footed attacking player would be dani olmo. Class, young and still hasn't moved anywhere this window. Usually plays centrally more as a 10 for Zagreb but he's played coming in from the right for Spain youth teams

Status
Not open for further replies.