• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can start some games.

Amazing how we can't afford to drop any of our boss players, despite scoring only 54 goals and finishing 17 points behind fourth.

Assuming none are sold, the front six starters clearly include Gana, Gomes, Richarlison, Sigurddson, leaving only 2 positions to potentially improve. Striker is the clear #1 position but unless we're signing Aguero, then how do you expect 5/6 of the same players to take us much further?

How did those front 6 do in the last 3rd of the season? And that was without a goalscorer up top

Shut it Chad.
He’s consistent, you have to give him that
I know my Bernard opinion is well documented but do people actually think that if we signed Pepe or Malcom and had one of those, Richarlison and Bernard to pick from we would pick anyone but the new winger and Richarlison? I feel like you can love Bernard and admit he's the odd one out if that happens.

I know my Bernard opinion is well documented but do people actually think that if we signed Pepe or Malcom and had one of those, Richarlison and Bernard to pick from we would pick anyone but the new winger and Richarlison? I feel like you can love Bernard and admit he's the odd one out if that happens.

Honestly the only player in the squad I think we would struggle to replace is Luca Digne.

Thats not to say I dont think others are superb players, Rico for example if he keeps improving at the rate he did last season could be Digne class.

But the others, are all upgradeable.

I'm with you mate, Bernard has some good touches, flicks and tricks.
But when it comes to penetration players like Nathaniel Mendez-Laing outperform him. And people wonder why we're 8th!!

How did those front 6 do in the last 3rd of the season? And that was without a goalscorer up top
I'm glad you asked.

Last third is the last 13 games and we scored 17 goals for 1.31 per game. For the season we were 54 in 38 so 1.42. The last ten games where we really found form was 15 in 10 for 1.5. So really we were pretty consistent in the rate at which we scored.

Our improvement in results was impacted more by conceding less at least in my opinion.

If Gueye goes gonna need another CM/DM.

It depends on how much faith the decision makers have in Schneiderlin? If they do have faith in him, then the CM cohort of Schneiderlin, Gomes, Delph and Davies may be viewed as sufficient, especially if we are going to continue playing the same formation as last season, which would therefore see 4 CMs contesting two CM positions.

It would also mean that a 30 year old Delph had become a 30 year old Gueye's replacement. Very Everton.

However it would also likely mean that the Gueye money will go towards a centre forward, which is much needed.

Honestly the only player in the squad I think we would struggle to replace is Luca Digne.

Thats not to say I dont think others are superb players, Rico for example if he keeps improving at the rate he did last season could be Digne class.

Not sure we could replace what Siggy offers us at the moment either, though we could change styles without him

I'd maybe add Pickford to that list just because the price we would have to pay to improve on him isn't worth it but that's probably it. Richarlison is great and still has plenty of room for growth but he was below average as a creator and gave the ball away a good bit last season. The goals really make his game what it is and that's awesome but wingers who score and do other stuff exist.

Not sure we could replace what Siggy offers us at the moment either, though we could change styles without him

Im not saying it would be cheap mind.

Replacing Pickford wouldnt be easy, Keane, Iceland, Gana, Rico and Digne who I already mentioned, replacing any of them would cost us massive money and it certainly wouldnt be an easy task, im not suggesting they are rubbish players by any stretch.

I'm glad you asked.

Last third is the last 13 games and we scored 17 goals for 1.31 per game. For the season we were 54 in 38 so 1.42. The last ten games where we really found form was 15 in 10 for 1.5. So really we were pretty consistent in the rate at which we scored.

Our improvement in results was impacted more by conceding less at least in my opinion.

Well yeah. Everyone could see we had issues at the back. Manager/team sorted it.

Im not saying it would be cheap mind.

Replacing Pickford wouldnt be easy, Keane, Iceland, Gana, Rico and Digne who I already mentioned, replacing any of them would cost us massive money and it certainly wouldnt be an easy task, im not suggesting they are rubbish players by any stretch.
Digne is the only one you could seriously argue is the best in the league. The only one who is even an acceptable alternative is Robertson but I think the way that lot plays clearly inflates his attacking output and he isn't forced to do much defensively as well. He's closer to a winger. The rest I don't think you could seriously argue at all. They're all decent no doubt but not to that level.

Better than they did from December through February when all/most of them were available.

If you cherry pick the last 11 games, we earned 21 points, which at that rate would give you 72 points over a season and CL football. But all teams go through good periods and slumps, so you can't look at the end of the season and say we're top quality.

It depends on how much faith the decision makers have in Schneiderlin? If they do have faith in him, then the CM cohort of Schneiderlin, Gomes, Delph and Davies may be viewed as sufficient, especially if we are going to continue playing the same formation as last season, which would therefore see 4 CMs contesting two CM positions.

It would also mean that a 30 year old Delph had become a 30 year old Gueye's replacement. Very Everton.

However it would also likely mean that the Gueye money will go towards a centre forward, which is much needed.

That midfield is tragic. Deffo gonna need another.

Status
Not open for further replies.