Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool have a bottom half of the Premier League midfield - yet are the European Champions

Arsenal have a bottom half of the Premier League defence - yet are in Europe and competitive for the CL placings

Guess what these teams have?
That's a gross underestimation of the RS midfield. I don't like tits like Milner and Hendooooo but they're much better than bottom half.

The Arsenal thing almost certainly won't work again. They need to make significant signings or they will go backward.

You know what one of the best things you can do is keep hold of what you have and add more quality. Ok

Yes of course, hence me saying I wouldnt sell any of the first 11, im not suggesting we sell everybody tomorrow and start fresh.

Brands signed 7 players last summer, Virginia for the future and Mina had his injury issues, Zooms and Gomes of course were on loan, but Digne, Bernie and Rico came in and improved the side, Gomes and Zooms also.

I mean unless you wanna keep the same squad forever?

That midfield is tragic. Deffo gonna need another.

I'm not over the moon with the prospect of replacing Gueye with Delph, indeed I was hilariously labelled a bed wetter for predicting something like this when the rumours of Gueye leaving resurfaced.

However I don't think it's as tragic as you describe, with Gomes and Delph being of first team quality for sure. And I'd say the idea that we are gona go out and buy a further CM for the first team (without also selling Schneiderlin) is far fetched imo, and I think you will be left disappointed if you think it is an inevitability.

That midfield is tragic. Deffo gonna need another.
Agree with that.
We don't have quality back up at CM, Schneiderlin is bang average when he turns up and Davies is still learning his trade. Delphs injury record doesn't inspire confidence so we may need to rely on one of them at some point.

Adama Soumaoro was due to sign for Monaco last week for around £15m. If we can’t get zouma then that would appear to be a decent fee so we could have Keane and Mina 1st choice and Soumaora 3rd choice with holgate as further back up. Could spend the extra money on forward players.

I’m not sure why the Monaco deal fell through though - financial reasons or injury concerns?

Agree with that.
We don't have quality back up at CM, Schneiderlin is bang average when he turns up and Davies is still learning his trade. Delphs injury record doesn't inspire confidence so we may need to rely on one of them at some point.

No injuries since March 2018, interesting.

Liverpool have a bottom half of the Premier League midfield - yet are the European Champions

Arsenal have a bottom half of the Premier League defence - yet are in Europe and competitive for the CL placings

Guess what these teams have?
BINGO. I'd argue we need two more goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.