Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, even if we are skint, it has nothing to do with Brands and Silva. We are obviously needing to take our medicine in regards to several players at the minute in the form of Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun, Niasse et al and their sky high wages. The funny thing is the people who are calling Brands a fraud in this thread are the ones who are demanding EFC be ran more professionally in other threads. Can't have it both ways.

Everton will always be skint compared to some of the bigger clubs finance wise, because of revenue we can generate. However no team in the premier league can be classed as skint on the European or world stage, even if we sell players and invest that alone, we could generate funds teams could only dream of.

Yeah, last summer he named about 300 players.

He hasnt got a clue.

He speaks about lists which is exactly how you'd expect any DOF to act. I'm sure Brands has various lists that are contingent on different scenarios.

A lot of what he says ends up in the papers weeks later. To me it seems like there's substance to what he says.

He speaks about lists which is exactly how you'd expect any DOF to act. I'm sure Brands has various lists that are contingent on different scenarios.

A lot of what he says ends up in the papers weeks later. To me it seems like there's substance to what he says.

I dunno mate, it seemed to me like he was just naming every player in Europe.

I doubt Brands would be leaving his lists lying around for some lad to post on twitter.

Everton will always be skint compared to some of the bigger clubs finance wise, because of revenue we can generate. However no team in the premier league can be classed as skint on the European or world stage, even if we sell players and invest that alone, we could generate funds teams could only dream of.

Compared to United, City etc of course. What I mean is, in terms of bringing more big signings in, we are not able too as the % of wages to turnover would be ridiculously high and not sustainable. The club aren't "skint", more like hamstrung by their own terrible business over the last 4 years. Unless we remove these big earners then I don't see how we can afford to add more people to the squad.

Pity they didn’t come from the Daily Star or Simon Jones from the mail but when Jason Burt from the Telegraph and Phil Kirkbride say we’re definitely interested then that’s pretty conclusive that we’ve at the least enquired and hold an interest.

Doesn’t mean he’ll end up here though he could just be one of several we’ve enquired about and we’re just keeping our options open, we could change our minds and go in a different direction or either the player or Juventus don’t want the deal.

On Kirkbrides comments that Silva wants experience up top, I just wonder if they see DCL as the young talent to develop, and want to bring in an older striker as the experience rather than go for a Kean/Leao and end up with two youthful front men
Cheap fee and short contract like Delph and I'd have no problem. This is someody who is a regular starter for Juve ffs.

Plays mainly out wide now but spent most his career as CF when his goal ratio was much better IIRC.

I dunno mate, it seemed to me like he was just naming every player in Europe.

I doubt Brands would be leaving his lists lying around for some lad to post on twitter.

On April 8th he mentioned we wanted Kean. That's pretty hard to predict and was miles ahead of anyone else as far as I'm aware.

He leaves his lists on his fridge innit. Easy for his son to nick and pass on to his mates at school.

On April 8th he mentioned we wanted Kean. That's pretty hard to predict and was miles ahead of anyone else as far as I'm aware.

He leaves his lists on his fridge innit. Easy for his son to nick and pass on to his mates at school.

Just had a little look mate, hes yet to call a single transfer, EVER.

This is just a snippet of how wrong he is.

Screenshot_20190720-114509_Twitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.