Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of time left yet lads. It was about this time last year that things started picking up and we ended up with 6 good players for when the season started -

Richarlison - 24th July 2018
Lucas Digne - 1st August 2018
Yerry Mina - 8th August 2018
Bernard - 9th August 2018
Andres Gomes - 9th August 2018 - Loan
Kurt Zouma - 10th August 2018 - Loan

Could be an exciting couple of weeks coming up hopefully and there is definitely still enough time to get in what we need.

BUT WOT ABOUT DER TRAINNIIIIING?, DEY NOT GOIN TO GEL UNLESS DEY PLAY IN DER FREINDLYS N DAT. HOW DEY GOIN TO REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY DER TOGGER

BUT WOT ABOUT DER TRAINNIIIIING?, DEY NOT GOIN TO GEL UNLESS DEY PLAY IN DER FREINDLYS N DAT. HOW DEY GOIN TO REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY DER TOGGER
I know people might go over the top about it but there’s a lot of truth in that argument in fairness. It took until about February last season for the likes of Bernard and zouma to show their best form. Mina And Gomes both came injured and didn’t contribute at all until about October/November. There’s a pretty reasonable argument that last season could have gone an awful lot better had we got the players we wanted in earlier.

Pre season is clearly important, not arsed if you don't think it is, sooner the players are in the better they settle

Our starting point at the beginning of this season coming off a really decent finish with a manager who’s had a full season with the majority of the squad.
As opposed to the season before with an awful style of football a new manager trying to get existing players on side and integrate new signings.

A solid foundation and hopefully some stardust signings, however late they are a signed and a favourable opening fixture run, I fully expect us to be pushing the alleged ‘top six’ very hard.

If Zouma’s a no go I’d put in a cheeky bid off Lascelles.
Safe in the knowledge that this isn't going to happen to prove me wrong but I think he'd do well here. In the Delph mould- not inspirational but good solid squad player who could play himself into the 1st team this season and next whilst the squad transition and improves.

I've got a bad feeling there is something in those mandzukic rumours
Pity they didn’t come from the Daily Star or Simon Jones from the mail but when Jason Burt from the Telegraph and Phil Kirkbride say we’re definitely interested then that’s pretty conclusive that we’ve at the least enquired and hold an interest.

Doesn’t mean he’ll end up here though he could just be one of several we’ve enquired about and we’re just keeping our options open, we could change our minds and go in a different direction or either the player or Juventus don’t want the deal.

On Kirkbrides comments that Silva wants experience up top, I just wonder if they see DCL as the young talent to develop, and want to bring in an older striker as the experience rather than go for a Kean/Leao and end up with two youthful front men

Status
Not open for further replies.