Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there will be a push on shifting some more of the unwanted next week. Lookman should go and getting McCarthy and Besic out too for actual money would be great business.

I'd rather Gueye stayed but if we can get a suitable replacement that is younger then I'm fine with it. I think it pays longer term to show some flexibility in allowing our better players to leave, provided we get a fair offer. It shows to other players that we will not be unreasonable in standing in their way if they have an opportunity to progress, and Gueye has earned his stripes. Selling him would mark a more fundamental overhaul perhaps a year earlier than they intended but as long as proceeds are reinvested, it's fine by me.

Getting most of the outgoing business done would allow a clean slate and a definitive budget to get additions in, it becomes a more sensible form of sell to buy but only if we hit our targets for the players we want to join. An extra £10-£15m in transfers proceeds goes a long way towards stretching for a striker that may be out of our reach otherwise, especially given there are plenty of areas to strengthen.

All in all, this makes for a busy and exciting period, but possibly very nerve wracking also. They proved clearly last summer their ability to execute multiple deals in a day so whilst I hope we don't need a repeat of that, I'm still confident we will do good business. You need resources, good timing, great judgement, and a lot of luck. I don't think Brands will be fretting, we just need to let them do their work now, this is the real meat of the window coming up.

Don't get me wrong mate, I very much do not want him here. He's not terrible but he's never scored double figures in a Premier League season and I'd rather have DCL continue up front than Welbeck, as at least there's the chance of him progressing to a striker of a decent level with experience.

But what I mean is that, traditionally, Danny Welbeck would be the absolute epitome of an "Everton transfer". The failed top four player looking to "rebuild".

I’d rather DCL than wellbeck it’s not even close and that’s says a lot coming from me

Cheap fee and short contract like Delph and I'd have no problem. This is someody who is a regular starter for Juve ffs.

Plays mainly out wide now but spent most his career as CF when his goal ratio was much better IIRC.

This. It’s making me laugh reading people saying he’s finished. I think he played in all of their champions league games last season and this is a team which isn’t short of forward options.

This is the problem with itk's. Once they give information it has to come true or the whole thing is a lie.

I'm not sure how plans go when you make them but for me it doesn't always run so smoothly.

I dont know why people even want to be seen as ITK.

I told my source that I had posted what he has told me on here and he was flabbergasted and has been worried sick that he may lose his job as a result of it.

Felt guilty and probably wont get much info off him in future but atleast he isn't a twitter/attention whore.

This is the problem with itk's. Once they give information it has to come true or the whole thing is a lie.

I'm not sure how plans go when you make them but for me it doesn't always run so smoothly.

He literally listed a ton of players. 90% of which had been suggested as good signings on here in the month or so before. Next thing people will be suggesting zat and crimhead as ITK

Status
Not open for further replies.