Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he would have ideal for Huddersfield? based on what? was he ideal for Cardiff who got relegated with him

ideal for hull? again they got relegated and he only scored like 4 goals

he is utter garbage, he shouldn't be anywhere near a team in the prem
I guess you're not in sales?

I count fourteen outfield players(including Gueye and Scheiderlin) that are definitely in the first team squad next season.
Coleman, Baines,Digne,Keane, Minna,Davies,Gomes,Gueye,Schneiderlin,Richarlison,Bernard,DCL,Walcott andSigurdsson .
I have not included Holgate or Lookman because I am not sure where they will be next season.
I think nearly every other player is for sale... some will need to fetch a decent transfer fee, others will be allowed to leave for nothing.

We need at least twenty outfield players and I doubt that any of the young players are ready to step in and take a full place in the twenty.
I don't believe we will be able to sign five or six players of the calibre that we need and therefore I think we will keep two or three players for another year at least to keep the numbers in the squad up. I think Tosun and McCarthy will be sold for a certain amount but will not be thrown away and the manager would be happy to work with them in the squad.
Mirallas, Besic,Bolasie and a couple others will be hawking themselves around the football world just to get a club somewhere.
I think part of the problem we have is that these type of players might not be too desperate to leave tbh, they’re on the biggest pay that they’re ever going to get

oh right so your on an everton forum selling niasse to the watching teams in the prem are you

fair enough feller
Niasse has scored goals in the premier league. He is 'chaotic' to put it politely. However, if you're a newly promoted club without a decent striker, and don't fancy your attacking options and expect to be putting it into the mixer as being your best option - he'd be someone to consider.

It almost worked for Hull. It didn't for Cardiff. I have no idea what quality there is in the newly promoted teams, but why not if the price is right? If a championship team or a Turkish team or Russian team came sniffing, then I wouldn't be surprised.

My main thrust was that even though we have a lot of deadwood, there's still a lot of teams out there who would be interested in those players, depending on wages/ transfer fees/ etc. of course. And I suppose I am trying to sell them in my own way. I hope Everton has people who can sell them and spot the right type of club to sell them to. We shall see, what we shall see.

Niasse has scored goals in the premier league. He is 'chaotic' to put it politely. However, if you're a newly promoted club without a decent striker, and don't fancy your attacking options and expect to be putting it into the mixer as being your best option - he'd be someone to consider.

It almost worked for Hull. It didn't for Cardiff. I have no idea what quality there is in the newly promoted teams, but why not if the price is right? If a championship team or a Turkish team or Russian team came sniffing, then I wouldn't be surprised.

My main thrust was that even though we have a lot of deadwood, there's still a lot of teams out there who would be interested in those players, depending on wages/ transfer fees/ etc. of course. And I suppose I am trying to sell them in my own way. I hope Everton has people who can sell them and spot the right type of club to sell them to. We shall see, what we shall see.
Quite. Niasse and Tosun could be late ones, when teams who will be battling the drop next season are looking for a forward. Lookman, Bolasie, Mirallas and Mcarthy I expect will be gone before the last minute trolley dash.

Hopefully plenty of time for the teams you describe to fail in bringing players in and hopefully register interest in our unwanted players.

Aston Villa would hopefully come in for McCarthy but look heavy in midfield, hopefully a deal for Tosun/Niasse can come about.

I’d rule Brighton out as they tend to shop abroad.

Burnley are cheapskates and have Walcott/McCarthy as someone mentioned earlier all over them.

Palace would hopefully come in for Lookman if they lose Zaha, they love a winger. Plus need a striker so hoping Niasse/Tosun

Southampton could possibly sign Walcott, Schneiderlin or Lookman.

Bournemouth hopefully look at Lookman. Love signing young British players them.

Sheff Utd need a striker and midfielder. Hopefully Niasse and one of McCarthy/Schneiderlin.

All those teams could arguably afford the wages as the players would be of a higher calibre than they have.

Proper wishful thinking but all those players would add something to those teams.

Plus hopefully Bruce can go wild with his £10m and buy some of our garbage.
Palace and Southampton like Lookman, also interest from Red Bull

The Billboard across from Steve Bruce's house has a large picture of Tosun and Niasse on it , went up yesterday apparently.
Steve will see them every time he looks out of his front window or leaves the house.
*crosses fingers*

I'm pondering our driftwood. The more I ponder them, the more I think they'd do a job for other teams in the premier league. If I was a club who was hoping to avoid relegation and/ or going for midtable, there's quite a few I'd fancy. Oumar for example almost kept an inept Hull up! Schneiderlin probably needs to be a big fish in a smaller pond, McCarthy/ Tosun would suit a lower midtable club. Walcott would be a star in half the teams of this league. Mirallas would be a decent gamble for someone seeking premier league know how and a certain amount of proven ability. etc.

This is before non PL clubs from the lower divisions and non-English clubs start to be interested.

I know they're on high wages, but I think they could all be got rid of relatively easily if we didn't go crazy on our demands. Any fee going towards their pay off or financing the next set of transfers plus the freeing up of wage capacity has to be good for us. I don't expect them all to go, but I don't expect most of them to play for us again, so why keep them around unless they offer cover in a threadbare area of the squad.

The player has to accept the deal though. Players won't accept any deal with less wages for the remaining duration of their contract, unless they are desperate to play (most are sent out on loan anyway) or we are prepared to offset the lower wages the club coming in will offer them.

It's not as simple as you're making it sound.

If your a team looking to beat the drop and buy niasse to play upfront you might as well just ask the fa to relegate you

He might not be prolific but he works hard and will cause some problems to some defences as his done before.

As for goals ask him to aim for the corner flags and he might get one or two

He might not be prolific but he works hard and will cause some problems to some defences as his done before.

As for goals ask him to aim for the corner flags and he might get one or two

no disputing he works hard mate but so do 99% of players most of the time

could be right about your second point though ha

The player has to accept the deal though. Players won't accept any deal with less wages for the remaining duration of their contract, unless they are desperate to play (most are sent out on loan anyway) or we are prepared to offset the lower wages the club coming in will offer them.

It's not as simple as you're making it sound.
Oh we need to be motivated sellers for sure. But as contracts wind down, the amounts concerned to sweeten deals become more manageable.

Certainly not easy. I don't expect eye wateringly big fees and a bit of a hair cut in some cases but if we were really committed to getting rid, it could be done.

Get selling Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.