Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you'r mixing things up a little. Only Gomes and Zouma were deadline day signings. Richarlison was July 24, Bernard August 1 and Digne August 9. Still your point stands, we're not in a position to throw money around without a care in the world.
Id kick whatever source you've got there because they seem to be pretty far off. Bernard and Mina were deadline day, and Digne was August 1st. You can go back and look at news articles for the transfers, and you can go to any deadline day tracker and see the deals they say were completed. While we had the 4 deadline day deals, Zouma was so late it wasnt reported until the next day so most report we did 3 deals that day.

I just think in general, when people think about it, it makes sense someone isnt going to give up their good players for what would be considered a good deal for the buyer early in the window. They are always going to hold out unless someone A. Overpays, or B. They want to get rid of the player. Seems silly to sell early unless they need the cash to buy, instead they have another month they can solicit bids.

Mina and Keane has great potential if Zouma doesn't sign.

We desperately need a striker, and to keep Gueye.

Squad short of quality though. Central midfield, central defence, on the wings, full backs, outside the starting xi it's pretty awful what's in reserve.

S
Id kick whatever source you've got there because they seem to be pretty far off. Bernard and Mina were deadline day, and Digne was August 1st. You can go back and look at news articles for the transfers, and you can go to any deadline day tracker and see the deals they say were completed. While we had the 4 deadline day deals, Zouma was so late it wasnt reported until the next day so most report we did 3 deals that day.

I just think in general, when people think about it, it makes sense someone isnt going to give up their good players for what would be considered a good deal for the buyer early in the window. They are always going to hold out unless someone A. Overpays, or B. They want to get rid of the player. Seems silly to sell early unless they need the cash to buy, instead they have another month they can solicit bids.
Sorry mate, you were right, already admitted that in an earlier post. Forgot about Mina and tdd not being at the 31st of August. Got Richarlison in before tdd though.

And as said in my original post, I believe, agree with you on the rest ;)

Oh we need to be motivated sellers for sure. But as contracts wind down, the amounts concerned to sweeten deals become more manageable.

Certainly not easy. I don't expect eye wateringly big fees and a bit of a hair cut in some cases but if we were really committed to getting rid, it could be done.

Get selling Blues.

True.

No doubt davek will find something to complain about even if Brands does a good job of freeing up wages.

The new signings are being saved up for strategic release around the new stadium design reveal later this month.

‘Only 52k!?’
Everton - hello Malcom
‘It looks naff’
Everton - hello Kean

Hope not like
Positive head on, we could be swilling in glorious Everton news for the last 3 weeks of summer if they don’t do it all on the same day..

There definitely seems to be something strategic about the release of information, but I think players are signed whenever they are available to sign. I don't think I'll ever take the conspiracist's views on club PR, but I can agree that the strategy is something hard to understand.

The new signings are being saved up for strategic release around the new stadium design reveal later this month.

‘Only 52k!?’
Everton - hello Malcom
‘It looks naff’
Everton - hello Kean

Hope not like
Positive head on, we could be swilling in glorious Everton news for the last 3 weeks of summer if they don’t do it all on the same day..
The things that go through people's heads

Status
Not open for further replies.