Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering our driftwood. The more I ponder them, the more I think they'd do a job for other teams in the premier league. If I was a club who was hoping to avoid relegation and/ or going for midtable, there's quite a few I'd fancy. Oumar for example almost kept an inept Hull up! Schneiderlin probably needs to be a big fish in a smaller pond, McCarthy/ Tosun would suit a lower midtable club. Walcott would be a star in half the teams of this league. Mirallas would be a decent gamble for someone seeking premier league know how and a certain amount of proven ability. etc.

This is before non PL clubs from the lower divisions and non-English clubs start to be interested.

I know they're on high wages, but I think they could all be got rid of relatively easily if we didn't go crazy on our demands. Any fee going towards their pay off or financing the next set of transfers plus the freeing up of wage capacity has to be good for us. I don't expect them all to go, but I don't expect most of them to play for us again, so why keep them around unless they offer cover in a threadbare area of the squad.

We don't need back up for the treatment table. Sadly I think it's proven beyond any doubt that his body can't handle the intensity and physicallity of the Premier League. Hope we'll find a suitor for him, nothing against him as a person or his attitude as a footballer, but we've been paying (massive) wages to a sicknote for too many years already.

One year left on his contract, played 18 games in three seasons > offload for whatever we can get.

I'm pondering our driftwood. The more I ponder them, the more I think they'd do a job for other teams in the premier league. If I was a club who was hoping to avoid relegation and/ or going for midtable, there's quite a few I'd fancy. Oumar for example almost kept an inept Hull up! Schneiderlin probably needs to be a big fish in a smaller pond, McCarthy/ Tosun would suit a lower midtable club. Walcott would be a star in half the teams of this league. Mirallas would be a decent gamble for someone seeking premier league know how and a certain amount of proven ability. etc.

This is before non PL clubs from the lower divisions and non-English clubs start to be interested.

I know they're on high wages, but I think they could all be got rid of relatively easily if we didn't go crazy on our demands. Any fee going towards their pay off or financing the next set of transfers plus the freeing up of wage capacity has to be good for us. I don't expect them all to go, but I don't expect most of them to play for us again, so why keep them around unless they offer cover in a threadbare area of the squad.

Yeah if we were willing to sell them for buttons we probably wouldn't struggle to find buyers, because the cheaper selling price could likely offset the chunk in wages the buying club would need to set aside

Hopefully plenty of time for the teams you describe to fail in bringing players in and hopefully register interest in our unwanted players.

Aston Villa would hopefully come in for McCarthy but look heavy in midfield, hopefully a deal for Tosun/Niasse can come about.

I’d rule Brighton out as they tend to shop abroad.

Burnley are cheapskates and have Walcott/McCarthy as someone mentioned earlier all over them.

Palace would hopefully come in for Lookman if they lose Zaha, they love a winger. Plus need a striker so hoping Niasse/Tosun

Southampton could possibly sign Walcott, Schneiderlin or Lookman.

Bournemouth hopefully look at Lookman. Love signing young British players them.

Sheff Utd need a striker and midfielder. Hopefully Niasse and one of McCarthy/Schneiderlin.

All those teams could arguably afford the wages as the players would be of a higher calibre than they have.

Proper wishful thinking but all those players would add something to those teams.

Plus hopefully Bruce can go wild with his £10m and buy some of our garbage.

Hopefully plenty of time for the teams you describe to fail in bringing players in and hopefully register interest in our unwanted players.

Aston Villa would hopefully come in for McCarthy but look heavy in midfield, hopefully a deal for Tosun/Niasse can come about.

Burnley are cheapskates and have Walcott/McCarthy as someone mentioned earlier all over them.

Palace would hopefully come in for Lookman if they lose Zaha, they love a winger. Plus need a striker so hoping Niasse/Tosun

Sheff Utd need a striker and midfielder. Hopefully Niasse and one of McCarthy/Schneiderlin.

All those teams could arguably afford the wages as the players would be of a higher calibre than they have.

Proper wishful thinking but all those players would add something to those teams.

I can only see Villa signing Jimmy Mac if the deal to sell McGinn to United goes through, as that will free up some wage space to accommodate him

Lookman will go to Red Bull if he goes at all I think. They want him, they have the money to match our valuation and he seems like he wants the move

Great in theory, but the majority of the players you mention would probably have no interest in the moves to the clubs you are suggesting. In what world is Schneiderlin ever going to be wearing a Sheff Utd shirt next season!

Sadly I think both Sheff Utd and Villa are too smart to even consider Niasse. Tosun could do a job somewhere but not sure who'd buy him.

McCarthy could be decent for Burnley, Jack Cork is a regular starter there and he's awful.

Great in theory, but the majority of the players you mention would probably have no interest in the moves to the clubs you are suggesting. In what world is Schneiderlin ever going to be wearing a Sheff Utd shirt next season!
I’m glad you asked.

I’ve sent a signed copy of ‘When Saturday Comes’ by no other than Pete Postelthwaite. Sean Bean was uncontactable due to filming commitments with Yorkshire Tea.

Fingers crossed.

Sadly I think both Sheff Utd and Villa are too smart to even consider Niasse. Tosun could do a job somewhere but not sure who'd buy him.

McCarthy could be decent for Burnley, Jack Cork is a regular starter there and he's awful.
Taking a chance on Niasse is like playing roulette. If you need to get the points and you have to rely on chance/ chaos/ the whims of the gods, then he is as good as any. He would have been ideal for Huddersfield last year in the way he was for Hull the year before. Strangely enough, Newcastle with their lack of goals having sold Rondon and Perez and lack of money might be an ideal match. C'mon Brucey, get him in already. The Prince of the Toon!

Taking a chance on Niasse is like playing roulette. If you need to get the points and you have to rely on chance/ chaos/ the whims of the gods, then he is as good as any. He would have been ideal for Huddersfield last year in the way he was for Hull the year before. Strangely enough, Newcastle with their lack of goals having sold Rondon and Perez and lack of money might be an ideal match. C'mon Brucey, get him in already. The Prince of the Toon!
They never bought Rondon to begin with, poor sods

he would have ideal for Huddersfield? based on what? was he ideal for Cardiff who got relegated with him

ideal for hull? again they got relegated and he only scored like 4 goals

he is utter garbage, he shouldn't be anywhere near a team in the prem

I count fourteen outfield players(including Gueye and Scheiderlin) that are definitely in the first team squad next season.
Coleman, Baines,Digne,Keane, Minna,Davies,Gomes,Gueye,Schneiderlin,Richarlison,Bernard,DCL,Walcott andSigurdsson .
I have not included Holgate or Lookman because I am not sure where they will be next season.
I think nearly every other player is for sale... some will need to fetch a decent transfer fee, others will be allowed to leave for nothing.

We need at least twenty outfield players and I doubt that any of the young players are ready to step in and take a full place in the twenty.
I don't believe we will be able to sign five or six players of the calibre that we need and therefore I think we will keep two or three players for another year at least to keep the numbers in the squad up. I think Tosun and McCarthy will be sold for a certain amount but will not be thrown away and the manager would be happy to work with them in the squad.
Mirallas, Besic,Bolasie and a couple others will be hawking themselves around the football world just to get a club somewhere.

McCarthy hasn't completed a game of football since the 13th of December 2016. Any club willing to pay money to provide him with a contract would have to be insane. A few clubs will probably be interested in loaning him during the last year of his contract to see if he can stay fit for 15 minutes, but I doubt anyone would buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.