Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....it’s the Tuesday morning Toffee Transfer round-up and things might be hotting up on 9th July;

- Gazzetta dello Sport journalist, Nicolo Schira, picks up on yesterday morning’s news suggesting Juventus have turned down a £27m bid from Everton for striker, Moise Kean. The 19 year old scored 7 goals in 14 games last season, Corriere Della Sera claim Juventus may be forced sell Kean as they look to bring in Mauro Icardi from Inter Milan.

- RMC have reported Everton are about to make a €35m bid for Barcelona forward, Malcom, and Brazilian journalist, Jorge Nicola, says the players agent is in England to talk to 2 unnamed clubs. The Daily Star suggest Arsenal are also interested in the 22 year old.

- According to La Voix Du Nord Everton and Crystal Palace are in talks with the representatives of Lille defender, Adama Soumaoro. Inside Football say Lazio are looking to swoop for the the 27 year old Frenchman who could be acquired for £10m-£13m.

- France Football suggest Watford now lead the race for Nice forward, Allan Saint-Maximin, who has been linked with Everton and Newcastle.

- The Daily Mail report RB Leipzig have made an improved £22.5m (£18m with £4.5m add-ons) offer for Everton winger Ademola Lookman.

- The Star say Trabzonspor have opened talks with Everton defender, Matthew Pennington, whilst Derbyshire Live reckon Derby County are also keen on the 24 year old.

- Voetball24 confirm yesterday’s rumour suggesting Everton’s 31 year old winger, Kevin Mirallas, will move to Standard Liege this summer.

- Italian outlet, Leggo, claim Everton interest in Roma’s 30 year old Argentinian forward, Diego Perotti.

- Speaking to Algemeen Dagblad, David Neres has said he has no intention of leaving Ajax this summer and plans to stay in Holland for the foreseeable future.

I have an early morning flight to catch tomorrow, so hopefully @Kinky Koeman can step in and provide a much better summary than I do.
I’ll step up to the breakfast plate tomorrow morning.

Have a safe flight bud, hopefully there will be some action to mention - Won’t be as good as your roundup, but these jazz hounds can’t be choosers.

Can’t see Malcolm and Kean signing. If both did then who drops out the front line? Silva has already said he likes on of his wide players to tuck in and create so that would assume Bernard would be safe, that would leave 2 out of Kean Richarlison and Malcolm for the other positions. None of them would come here to sit on the bench.

I can either see Malcolm arriving with Richarlison going to 9, or Kean arriving. I’d be amazed if both did.

Id imagine it would be a similar scenario to last year and we start with the front 3 of last season and the new signings (bar a 60m superstar) have to play there way into the team

He 100% is imo. Tielemans is much more of a goal threat and his eye for a pass is one of the best about.

Tielemans managed a goal or assist every 150 or so minutes in the Prem. Gomes averaged one every 1000 minutes.

Totally different systems from the respective managers though.

I want Gomes to have more of an impact in the final third, but he was playing deep.

Tielemans was playing as the most advanced player in a midfield three, with Maddison on one wing to accommodate that.

At no other point in his career has Tielemans been a goal threat other than the odd wonderstrike at Anderlecht.

Totally different systems from the respective managers though.

I want Gomes to have more of an impact in the final third, but he was playing deep.

Tielemans was playing as the most advanced player in a midfield three, with Maddison on one wing to accommodate that.

At no other point in his career has Tielemans been a goal threat other than the odd wonderstrike at Anderlecht.

Well, he did score 18 goals all comps in his last Anderlecht season.

- Speaking to Algemeen Dagblad, David Neres has said he has no intention of leaving Ajax this summer and plans to stay in Holland for the foreseeable future.
Good. this lays to rest any fears I had that he'd go back to Watford and pick up Will Hughes on the cheap.
The thought of the team being built around a Neres-Hughes axis is too much to contemplate.

I hate Neres Hughes!

We seemed to land our persistent rumours last year hopefully the same will happen this year. I get the feeling Kean and Malcolm may well happen, Juve need money and Barca love us for some reason.

Then there’s Zouma, why would we chase him if it isn’t a possibility, so he’s defo in.

After that we need a DM in my opinion but one that can pass or maybe just a well rounded CM. Other than Sosa i can’t see who the most likely candidate is.

I forgot to put Keane in who I think is pretty nailed on to play most games.

But yeah I think when you are in transition as a squad you need to have the armband on somebody who is going to be on the field. There aren't a ton of guys who I'd pencil in tentatively for the next 3 years as automatic selections. Honestly Gana might even be a stretch. Digne, Pickford, most likely Keane and Richarlison are the only other ones. Richarlison is too young and Pickford as you said is a hot head so I'd go Digne as club captain, Coleman can be vice captain while he's still here and Keane after that. I wasn't saying I'd pick Pickford just that my list of candidates would include him.
When do you think we'll be out of transition mate, it's like trying to leave the EU this.

They shouldn't make Coleman captain if they can't also pick a team without that having an influence. Kenny is such a coin flip right now that he shouldn't prevent us from signing another RB. If he works out then we have a bit of a jam but Coleman is also the wrong side of 30. If he doesn't we have Coleman to back up whoever it is taking the position.

Captain should be someone who is an automatic starter because they're one of the best players in the squad already. The only options for me are Digne, Pickford and Gueye. I'd go Digne.
Coleman should 100% be our captain. He is the only player at the club who completely gets us and he is not afraid to bollock both his own players, opposition and officials. Plus he played himself completely back into form the second half of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.