Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see Malcolm and Kean signing. If both did then who drops out the front line? Silva has already said he likes on of his wide players to tuck in and create so that would assume Bernard would be safe, that would leave 2 out of Kean Richarlison and Malcolm for the other positions. None of them would come here to sit on the bench.

I can either see Malcolm arriving with Richarlison going to 9, or Kean arriving. I’d be amazed if both did.

Can’t see Malcolm and Kean signing. If both did then who drops out the front line? Silva has already said he likes on of his wide players to tuck in and create so that would assume Bernard would be safe, that would leave 2 out of Kean Richarlison and Malcolm for the other positions. None of them would come here to sit on the bench.

I can either see Malcolm arriving with Richarlison going to 9, or Kean arriving. I’d be amazed if both did.

Silva has already stated we want a Right Winger, the only natural in the squad is Walcott, who im sure we will all agree isnt at the required level.

And im almost certain we can all agree we need a Striker.

So I can very much see us trying to sign a Right winger and a Striker myself, whether thats Kean and Malcom we will see, but im almost certain we are targetting those type of players.

Tl;DR Nobody misses out, everybody fights for a spot, but if anybody is gonna miss out, it would seem like Bernie.

Playing Rico at number 9 should be a sackable offence.

It’s about have quality back up. And I don’t think anyone is safe, Richarlison on the left comes inside on his right foot and is a much bigger goal threat than Bernard.

For me we definitely need striker and a wide player. I can only see really Walcott, DCL, Richarlison and Bernard being part of the first team squad come the start of the season.

I like the strategy of taking players that have failed in big teams and showing them some love.

What a guy our Marcel is.

Not Gomes.

He said Zouma/similar CB and 3-4 more.

No one has confirmed Kean or Malcom.
Confirmed if the bids for them are true which kean’s does sound real but Malcom is up in the air.

Thought in his quotes that he included Gomes and 3-4 other signings which also included Zouma

I reckon Malcom's just one of many options we're looking at if we get an offer we can't refuse for Lookman. Priorities are striker and CB, followed by CM and RB.
Lookman on for €23.5m and Malcom in for €35m would be a nice bit of business. Idk about RB I feel we will use Holgate as a cover-all CB/RB when needed. But agree with the ST/CB/CM need.

They were playing very different positions, tho.
Not too dissimilar really, both playing in three man midfields and both teams have a set ball winner (Gueye and Ndidi) and a number 10 (Sigurdsson and Maddison) and a fella somewhere in between (Gomes and Tielemans).

Tielemans is just far more effective in the attacking phase, picks up more threatening positions and is better at picking passes that threaten the back line.

Not too dissimilar really, both playing in three man midfields and both teams have a set ball winner (Gueye and Ndidi) and a number 10 (Sigurdsson and Maddison) and a fella somewhere in between (Gomes and Tielemans).

Tielemans is just far more effective in the attacking phase, picks up more threatening positions and is better at picking passes that threaten the back line.
I'm not arguing who is the more creative player or the more effective in the final third, but one guy was playing much higher up the pitch than the other. One was playing as a defensive mid, the other as almost an attacking mid.

They look on paper like the same positions, but they really didnt play the same. Watch Tielemans and see how much farther up he got than Gomes on a regular basis.

Plus, he cost twice as much, so of course youd like him over Gomes, just like wed prefer Messi over Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.