Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dutch Toffee , a translation would be most helpful. :)

Marcel Brands says he does not focus on attracting David Neres or Hirving Lozano. Everton has been explicitly linked in recent weeks to the tastemakers of Ajax and PSV respectively, but according to the technical director none of that is true.

"It is always like this during this period," Brands responds to the NOS. "Then I read David Neres, Hirving Lozano, you name it. But we have no contact with any of these players."

Brands brought Lozano to Eindhoven as PSV director. He made the agreement at the time that the Mexican could look further after two seasons and that moment has arrived this summer.

Basically no Neres and his utter 10 of a missus.

My take on him is that (as @Deulofeumygod wrote) no-one has bested him this season.

Secondly, he's a former right winger and for Palace doesnt get forward too much and instead it appears that their tactic is for him to hold hack while the man in front has free reign to stay up the pitch -- with us it could be a different story.

English and 21 years old with McCarthy and Kenny both linked to Palace and of course Lookman linked previously with Bolasie also a former player there could be a unique opportunity for us to unload a heap of players to Palace in return for one player in a position we need to strengthen.

Id even throw in Walcott as well.
Zat football doesn’t work like that

Marcel Brands has denied any truth in reports linking Everton with Neres or Lozano. 'I know there is a lot of rumours linking us with them, especially during this time of the year, but there is no truth in them. We're not talking to either of the players'.
reminds me of klopps 'we have ended our interest in van dijk and we will not be making any offers' lie

reminds me of klopps 'we have ended our interest in van dijk and we will not be making any offers' lie

I think the opposite and Brands is genuine in what he says.

Think Bernard and Richarlison will keep their places in the starting 11 and after Gomes/Zouma we'll only be bringing in a Centre Forward and possiby back up options at GK/RB.

Do we need another winger? Ricko and Bernie have those spots down pretty well.

I'm seeing a lot of praise for this Reece James, 19 year old Chelsea right back. That's the position we need filling most along with striker.
We absolutely do need more options out wide because as much as I like both players Richarlison is not a chance creator but a finisher and Bernard hasn't done much of anything in the 18 yard box. Relying on Digne and Gylfi to create everything isn't a sustainable plan as the Palace game showed for instance. For me winger and striker are the two must sign positions if we get Zouma and Gomes back.

Do we need another winger? Ricko and Bernie have those spots down pretty well.

I'm seeing a lot of praise for this Reece James, 19 year old Chelsea right back. That's the position we need filling most along with striker.
Henry and Vlasic could be used too. I'd say Gomes, Zouma, a striker are must do deals. Then if you can get a young RB or RW then do it.

Talk down here from some Chelsea fans is that Zouma is going to be part of their first team next year. I hope not, I'm not sure what the backup options are.

We have no control over what they do.
We are a mid table side more or less for 25 years now. Its probably not going to change a whole lot either.

Sad but true

Hopefully karma gets that lot for cheating. And it will take time mate for Everton to climb again we’ve been stagnate for a while, give it a chance aye.

No chance. Karma never catches up with them. Only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.