Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man who wrote all that is a good Blue but he has no sources when it comes to believing that Barca have raised the price.

They need to shift wages. They’ll take hits on some players - Gomes, who has had major struggles at Camp Nou, is very likely to be one of them.
I never said they raised the price.

I said they are starting the bidding at £17.3m and are hoping to get £40m out of it and if they don’t want to sell they don’t gave to by any means.

I never said they raised the price.

I said they are starting the bidding at £17.3m and are hoping to get £40m out of it and if they don’t want to sell they don’t gave to by any means.

“But his actual asking price is set to be much higher as Barcelona valued him in the £40m bracket last summer and believe he has grown in value.”

You may have not said it, but you very much quoted it.

“But his actual asking price is set to be much higher as Barcelona valued him in the £40m bracket last summer and believe he has grown in value.”

Again that is their goal of what they would like back. Not their intial asking price.

Back upstairs for Nagelsmann.
Good fit. Hoffenheim have been good to watch whenever I've seen them this year. If soft arse is still there you can see them coming in for Lookman again. Wouldn't be surprised if we let him go this time. Maybe use him as leverage for Augustin?

Plus, all the links I saw last summer, mainly with Arsenal at the time, were saying Barca valued him at £20m not £40m.

His drop in form in the winter would have probably confirmed that value if anything.

Similar type of player to Augustin from RBL. Think it's fair to say it's the type of striker (different to DCL), and the age profile, that we're looking for.

....a lot different physically, i’d have thought. Augustin much smaller but stronger in stature, Abrahams more of a beanpole with a better goalscoring record.

I just wonder if the market abroad represents greater value, especially if RBL are keen on Lookman. Saying that, it’s paper talk at this stage as are the links of Lookman to Palace.

There is the hope that we’ve woo’d him enough. And I hope so.

But Spurs and a few others are annoyingly attractive options. And Gomes is dead good.

I'm not sure he's good enough for Spurs to come in and radically outbid us. He is still quite erratic and a big risk if he doesn't settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.