Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm I see where you are coming from, we are being detective to something that is subjective as the key piece of the information we are both trying to find isn’t there which is the transfer deals repayment schedule, we are drawing conclusions how ever well we try to interpret. What I would say that the cash flow figures on trading of FY 17 look favorable and largely based on selling Lukaku and Barkley, that’s a one trick pony.

We also spent last summer as well, so that will raise the baseline figures for FY 18, without a big sale. I beleive the spending was enabled through additional capital to the business by Farhad, captail through the Chinese credit line and we borrowed last summer in advance through strantander on anticipated payments on Lukaku and Stones to be made this summer. That combination has me suspicious that our liability/book price/amort may be higher then we both hope.

I also think it’s suspicious because we have practically taken a decision to loan assets as opposed to sell, to realize value, pay a liability, reduce book price and hit a tipping point or sweet spot on value on book price/liability, eventually to sell. That’s speculation granted.

Perhaps the truth of it is somewhere in between. Without the smoking gun of the structure of deals we are speculating even with analyzing the accounts.

Trade debtors could be anything, I’m a bit stumped there. Agents unlikely, those figures have been released. Could it be a liability in payment of the contracts of Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and their coaches on the remainder of their contracts. It’s as nebulous as other operating costs. Perhaps it’s BMD related, that can be written off eventually.
No, the coaches expenses are listed as a single line item in there by themselves. Singular write-off I believe.

I think it has to be transfer liabilities, or at least a big chunk of it is. It's not the financial stuff, that's clear where that is.

It'll be interesting to see how the FY19 books look like. But yeah, it's obvious Farhad financed a lot of the transfers.

But honestly, who are we going to sell that we'd take a bath on, really? Bolasie, maybe? But his book value isn't that high.

Walcott? Bought for 20M, 2 years left on a 4 year deal, $10M book value.
Cenk? Bought for 22.5M, 3 years left on a 5 year deal, $13.5M book value.
Niasse? Bought for 13.5M, 1 year left on a 4.5 year deal, $3M book value.
Schneiderlin? Bought for 24M, 2 years left on a 4.5 year deal, $10.7M book value.
McCarthy and Mirallas signed extensions off their initial deals, their book values have to be almost nothing.
Bolaise? Bought for 29M, 2 years left on a 5 year deal, $11.6M book value.
Sandro Ramirez? Bought for $5M, 2 years left on a 4 year deal, $2.5M book value.

Even if we break even above, the salaries for those guys above + Baines, Williams, Martina, etc. are like a combined 800K a week, over 40M a year. That's MASSIVE.

The Gomez deal is one that could literally drag on all summer and even to the last day of the window. Barcelona were apparently very tough in their negotiations for the three players we took last summer, and we only managed to finally agree a deal with them for Mina on deadline day.

If their plan is to wait again and start a bidding war and/or test our resolve but waiting til the last minute to get every last bit of wonga out of us that they can, then it’s going to be a long drawn out affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.