Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him. Which club does he play for mate? Would definitely get him relatively cheap?
He plays for Shalke and couldn’t see him going for under £25m. Also would be stretched to say he is a RB cover. The boy is a freak athlete which allowed him to play striker right mid center mid right back center back and a sort of stopper.

While he’s been played all around the pitch he is most definitely a #8 CM. Absolutely great in the air and works his socks off every game. His pass percentages have taken a hit this year but mostly due to being played as a second striker for most of the season due to Shalke’s horrible injury issue this season.

In the USMNT he is to be played as the #8 but the system the head coach plays is very weird where the RB becomes the #6 and the 2 CMs work in a double #8 pivot and one of them pushing out wide depending on possession and where on the field the team is.

Those are the years amortization expenses. They mirror the statement of accounts, that's where they come from. You could probably go through each transfer, the length of the contract, and ballpark / project it for the next several years if you wanted to. The jump this past year is pretty consistent with the increase in annual amounts.

Keep in mind, it's a non-cash transaction, it means virtually nothing other than to help calculate the profit/loss on transfers.

I think we are getting closer to agreement here a chara. I think it’s clear we still hold some liability. Given the jump in amortization. What we don’t know is the structure of the deals. Even if those deals are paid upfront the amortization will show up in the accounts on an annual basis as that’s the practice in accounting terms. We are left guessing really.

But a general acceptance that fees are structured over a period of time, we don’t know the structure of any individual deal really. I suppose we can both accept the longer a player is here the more their liability reduces, whether it’s three years or the lengths of the contract or whatever.

Still going to have a look at the accounts mind just out of curiosity.

Anyone else think that Solly March from Brighton could make a really nice RB? His defensive stats are great as a RM with a above average cross completion percentage. Not saying sign him immediately but just catches my eye as a good player every time I see him play.
ED1B347D-EC6E-463C-ABA2-3F741203640B.png
6BC568EB-8523-47D1-A865-662416ABAD76.png
6EE8FD66-BDEB-493B-A18C-D6BBEF0A2057.jpeg

He plays for Shalke and couldn’t see him going for under £25m. Also would be stretched to say he is a RB cover. The boy is a freak athlete which allowed him to play striker right mid center mid right back center back and a sort of stopper.

While he’s been played all around the pitch he is most definitely a #8 CM. Absolutely great in the air and works his socks off every game. His pass percentages have taken a hit this year but mostly due to being played as a second striker for most of the season due to Shalke’s horrible injury issue this season.

In the USMNT he is to be played as the #8 but the system the head coach plays is very weird where the RB becomes the #6 and the 2 CMs work in a double #8 pivot and one of them pushing out wide depending on possession and where on the field the team is.
God I hate that US system so much. Anyway McKennie and especially Adams are big talents and I'd like to see an American at Everton so I'm all for signing them.

I think we are getting closer to agreement here a chara. I think it’s clear we still hold some liability. Given the jump in amortization. What we don’t know is the structure of the deals. Even if those deals are paid upfront the amortization will show up in the accounts on an annual basis as that’s the practice in accounting terms. We are left guessing really.

But a general acceptance that fees are structured over a period of time, we don’t know the structure of any individual deal really. I suppose we can both accept the longer a player is here the more their liability reduces, whether it’s three years or the lengths of the contract or whatever.

Still going to have a look at the accounts mind just out of curiosity.

There is nothing clear that indicates what the $45M in Trade Debtors is for beyond this year, but it's likely deferred transfer fees.

Regardless, we DO have player registrations of 239M (up from 121M in FY17) and cash out the door related to transfers of 100M. We also know we gained $87M in transfer fees received and had sales of approximately 114M and impairments (player certainly not worth what we paid) of 8.1M, and we had 39M of amortization we eliminated when we sold players.

$239M over say an average of 3.5 years (not all contracts are 5 years, some of this is older intangible assets) is an estimated 75M or so of amortization a year, which we recognized 67M of during the year. If my reading of the accounting standards is correct, the difference is likely the discounted amount of future transfer fee payments. If it's 8M a year, that kind of makes sense with an average of 4/5 year contract and since we had $18M in FY17, some of which would no longer be long term in FY18 of course.

So my guess is that we owe probably a bit less than that $45 in transfer fees for FY18 and prior business beyond FY19.

Again, very rough, not my area of accounting expertise, but that's my guess. So I'd say we've paid the VAST majority of our transfer fees in the year we acquired the asset.

There is nothing clear that indicates what the $45M in Trade Debtors is for beyond this year, but it's likely deferred transfer fees.

Regardless, we DO have player registrations of 239M (up from 121M in FY17) and cash out the door related to transfers of 100M. We also know we gained $87M in transfer fees received and had sales of approximately 114M and impairments (player certainly not worth what we paid) of 8.1M, and we had 39M of amortization we eliminated when we sold players.

$239M over say an average of 3.5 years (not all contracts are 5 years, some of this is older intangible assets) is an estimated 75M or so of amortization a year, which we recognized 67M of during the year. If my reading of the accounting standards is correct, the difference is likely the discounted amount of future transfer fee payments. If it's 8M a year, that kind of makes sense with an average of 4/5 year contract and since we had $18M in FY17, some of which would no longer be long term in FY18 of course.

So my guess is that we owe probably a bit less than that $45 in transfer fees for FY18 and prior business beyond FY19.

Again, very rough, not my area of accounting expertise, but that's my guess. So I'd say we've paid the VAST majority of our transfer fees in the year we acquired the asset.

Mmm I see where you are coming from, we are being detective to something that is subjective as the key piece of the information we are both trying to find isn’t there which is the transfer deals repayment schedule, we are drawing conclusions how ever well we try to interpret. What I would say that the cash flow figures on trading of FY 17 look favorable and largely based on selling Lukaku and Barkley, that’s a one trick pony.

We also spent last summer as well, so that will raise the baseline figures for FY 18, without a big sale. I beleive the spending was enabled through additional capital to the business by Farhad, captail through the Chinese credit line and we borrowed last summer in advance through strantander on anticipated payments on Lukaku and Stones to be made this summer. That combination has me suspicious that our liability/book price/amort may be higher then we both hope.

I also think it’s suspicious because we have practically taken a decision to loan assets as opposed to sell, to realize value, pay a liability, reduce book price and hit a tipping point or sweet spot on value on book price/liability, eventually to sell. That’s speculation granted.

Perhaps the truth of it is somewhere in between. Without the smoking gun of the structure of deals we are speculating even with analyzing the accounts.

Trade debtors could be anything, I’m a bit stumped there. Agents unlikely, those figures have been released. Could it be a liability in payment of the contracts of Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and their coaches on the remainder of their contracts. It’s as nebulous as other operating costs. Perhaps it’s BMD related, that can be written off eventually.

Last edited:
Tammy Abraham linked...i know @Nymzee mentioned him the other day.

If we are looking at 9 players to come in then I think thats the whole squad covered with any signings in the coming seasons being minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.